A7N8X and 400FSB

I have a A7N8X Mobo revision 1002A and I 'm curious If I flash the biod to
1.07 will the 400 FSB be stable . I've read that it won't be .

the only thing keeping an A7N8X Unstable at 400fsb is the memory. I have 3
of these boards all doing 400fsb netting me 2.3ghz stable on Corsair with a
2500x-mp chips overclocked from 1.8ghz. You might want to look into that.

"gelbs" <gelbs@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I have a A7N8X Mobo revision 1002A and I 'm curious If I flash the biod to
> 1.07 will the 400 FSB be stable . I've read that it won't be .

If I am running a matched set of 1gig Patriot PC3200 memory will that keep
it unstable? How do I jack up the FSB? Sorry, not trying to take over posts,
just had the same question. Thanks much.

gelbs wrote:
> I have a A7N8X Mobo revision 1002A and I 'm curious If I flash the
> biod to 1.07 will the 400 FSB be stable . I've read that it won't be .

There are many reasons why you may not be able to hit 200MHz, but the major
one is whether your motherboard is Rev2.0 or not.

I would bet that you have a Rev 1.3 or even earlier, judging from your BIOS
version.

However, 1002a is a pretty old BIOS now, and I doubt anybody would recommend
it. I think the latest will be your best bet (be sure to check your board
version), oh, that and running at 190-195MHz rather than 200.

Ben