10.06.003 BIOS, P4P800-E Deluxe

Just installed and it looks good. Anyone else using it yet?

I installed it after reading your post and had no problems.

John

> Just installed and it looks good. Anyone else using it yet?

strange.
can´t find a bios later than 1003.004 on the asus site...?

cya -

Joachim

> Just installed and it looks good. Anyone else using it yet?

If you use ASUS Update and look on the German site (.de), you'll see it.

John

"Joachim Klein" <jkle@misco.de> wrote in message
> strange.
> can´t find a bios later than 1003.004 on the asus site...?
>
> cya -
>
> Joachim
>
> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>> Just installed and it looks good. Anyone else using it yet?

This Bios update fixed an error I have been trying to fix for months! I was
getting a Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area error with the error number as
0x00000050. Known as "The Blue Screen of Death." It only had this error
when multiple users signed on to windows XP and I when to shutdown.
Everything worked fine as a single user on startups and shutdowns. It was a
multiple user error only. This update fixed it.

It started when I installed XP Service Pack 2. A reformat did not get rid
of it. I figured it had to be a driver issue when I installed my ATI 128
All in Wonder video card. That was when the problem started.

Thanks for the update on the new bios!

Todd

My PC configuration:

Windows XP Home edition
Promise PCI Raid controller setup with four IDE 120gb harddrives.
Two additional 60gb drives for extra backup
Intel 3.0 P4 CPU with 1 meg cache
ATI All-in-Wonder 128mb video card
Dual channel 512mb ram for total of 1gig.
Wireless D-Link DWL120+