Multiple SATA Controller Cards

Pilgrim

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Does anyone know if it is possible to have an inbuilt sata controller card working along side a pci sata card? I want to run with 3 sata drives but dont want to use raid.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Works fine on my machine.

"Pilgrim" <pilgrims_REMOVETHISrest@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if it is possible to have an inbuilt sata controller card
working along side a pci sata card? I want to run with 3 sata drives but
dont want to use raid.

> Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Onboard SATA can be combined with a SATA Controller card. It may be
impossible to run an HD on the PCI Card in RAID with an HD on the
onboard SATA Controller, but I highly recommend running the two on your
Onboard SATA Controller in RAID 1 (if availble). RAID 0 is fast, but
RAID 1 adds extra security. :)

----
Nathan McNulty

Nick Burns wrote:
> Works fine on my machine.
>
> "Pilgrim" <pilgrims_REMOVETHISrest@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone know if it is possible to have an inbuilt sata controller card
>
> working along side a pci sata card? I want to run with 3 sata drives but
> dont want to use raid.
>
>>Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

tsetsefly

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I another question on multiple SATA cards.

I have a motherboard without HD SATA connectors, only IDE (Asus A7V133), the boot disk is on IDE, machine is a Windows Home Server
I have added 2 SATA drives using a Rosewill RC-215 (PCI SATA card with 2 SATA ports)
I am not using any RAID features

Question: Could I add another RC-215 PCI SATA card to gain 2 more SATA ports ? (would there be an conflicts between 2 - PCI SATA cards in the machine ?)

Thanks for any help !