installing windows xp on a S-ATA

i have a asus k8v se deluxe mobo, w/ athlon 64 3000+ and
a maxtor diamond plus 9 sata hdd. when i try to install
windows xp, it says it cannot find a hard drive, i have
pressed f6 to install scsi/ raid drivers, and i have
several disks from various sources eg, raid drivers, hdd
drivers sata drivers etc, when i go to install the
drivers, i install the floppy, it doesnt pick the drivers
up from the floppy, thus i am unable to install windows
onto my sata drive,

any help?
cheers
2 answers Last reply
More about installing windows

    Did you format the drive..?

    "Shaun" <shaunrigby16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i have a asus k8v se deluxe mobo, w/ athlon 64 3000+ and
    > a maxtor diamond plus 9 sata hdd. when i try to install
    > windows xp, it says it cannot find a hard drive, i have
    > pressed f6 to install scsi/ raid drivers, and i have
    > several disks from various sources eg, raid drivers, hdd
    > drivers sata drivers etc, when i go to install the
    > drivers, i install the floppy, it doesnt pick the drivers
    > up from the floppy, thus i am unable to install windows
    > onto my sata drive,
    >
    > any help?
    > cheers

    Hi,

    Similar problems too. I had the old MSI K7N2 mobo, wich
    has the same Promise SATA Raid controller as the one on
    the ASUS. Thankfully, MSI gave you the drivers on a
    floppy. I had actually stripped the old mobo out of my
    case before I bought the ASUS. I got around this by
    hooking the SATA drive up to the Promise controller on the
    ASUS and not the one controlled by the VIA southbridge.
    The floppy i had contains the drivers needed for the
    promise PDC20376/378 controllers. when i finished
    installin XP, everythin worked fine. My advise is find
    somone who has a recent MSI mobo and borrow their Promise
    floppy, or thow ur ASUS cd into someone elses system, and
    coppy the drivers needed onto a floppy. The cd has
    drivers for both the Promise controller and the Via one.

    Declan.

Drivers Hard Drives Windows XP