installing windows xp on a S-ATA

July 25, 2004 8:23:15 AM

i have a asus k8v se deluxe mobo, w/ athlon 64 3000+ and
a maxtor diamond plus 9 sata hdd. when i try to install
windows xp, it says it cannot find a hard drive, i have
pressed f6 to install scsi/ raid drivers, and i have
several disks from various sources eg, raid drivers, hdd
drivers sata drivers etc, when i go to install the
drivers, i install the floppy, it doesnt pick the drivers
up from the floppy, thus i am unable to install windows
onto my sata drive,

any help?
cheers

More about : installing windows ata

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 25, 2004 11:51:19 AM

Did you format the drive..?

"Shaun" <shaunrigby16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i have a asus k8v se deluxe mobo, w/ athlon 64 3000+ and
> a maxtor diamond plus 9 sata hdd. when i try to install
> windows xp, it says it cannot find a hard drive, i have
> pressed f6 to install scsi/ raid drivers, and i have
> several disks from various sources eg, raid drivers, hdd
> drivers sata drivers etc, when i go to install the
> drivers, i install the floppy, it doesnt pick the drivers
> up from the floppy, thus i am unable to install windows
> onto my sata drive,
>
> any help?
> cheers
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 25, 2004 6:26:10 PM

Hi,

Similar problems too. I had the old MSI K7N2 mobo, wich
has the same Promise SATA Raid controller as the one on
the ASUS. Thankfully, MSI gave you the drivers on a
floppy. I had actually stripped the old mobo out of my
case before I bought the ASUS. I got around this by
hooking the SATA drive up to the Promise controller on the
ASUS and not the one controlled by the VIA southbridge.
The floppy i had contains the drivers needed for the
promise PDC20376/378 controllers. when i finished
installin XP, everythin worked fine. My advise is find
somone who has a recent MSI mobo and borrow their Promise
floppy, or thow ur ASUS cd into someone elses system, and
coppy the drivers needed onto a floppy. The cd has
drivers for both the Promise controller and the Via one.

Declan.

!