Temp for a xp-m 2500+ on an A7V400-MX

I recently installed a XP-M 2500+ on an A7V400-MX and it runs fine at
166Mhz. I am using cpumsr to adjust the multipler on the fly. When the
multipler set to 6x, the idle temp is in the high 50 degree C. Whne I
set the mult. to 14, the temp is around 63~64. Readings are taken wtih
Asus probe. Are these values resonable? One last thing, vcore is 1.55
and I can't adjust it with CPUMSR.
2 answers Last reply
More about temp 2500 a7v400

    thats a bit hi should be in the 40s put new paste on the heatssink try less
    paste i did and my temperateure came down about 5 degrees

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:16:32 -0500, "donny" <donleo77@gmail.com> wrote:

    >thats a bit hi should be in the 40s put new paste on the heatssink try less
    >paste i did and my temperateure came down about 5 degrees

    Ya less paste makes a difference, I learned that on my 1.2GHz AMD, I was
    able to OC it another 50MHz too. :p

    On my Barton I dropped 10C @ full loads by applying paste using a thin
    plastic bag stretched over my index finger, I just dab the paste on the
    core so it's ultra thin and you can see right through it.

    Another way to lower temps ( @ low usage/idle) is to turn on what I call
    the cool-bit with software, most AMD Socket-A boards BIOS have this
    disabled and/or hidden, reason being some AMD chips had an errata for
    this feature. You can enable the cool-bit feature on some VIA chipset
    boards using a program called Vcool or Speed Fan for NF2 boards (or
    manually using WCPCREDIT). My CPU die temps dropped 10C @ idle on 4 of
    my systems without any stability issues at all, but they still don't run
    as cool as my AMD 64. ;P

    Ed

Asus Windows XP Motherboards