Dual ram on A7N8x-E

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 9, 2005 4:32:31 PM

So am I correct in that if I have matched ram, then it should be seated in
the two blue ram slots or is that a wrong assumption? Thanks.

More about : dual ram a7n8x

January 9, 2005 6:38:49 PM

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:32:31 -0800, "Mark G." <Askmefirst@comcast.net>
wrote:

>So am I correct in that if I have matched ram, then it should be seated in
>the two blue ram slots or is that a wrong assumption? Thanks.

Refer to your mobo manual's memory section.

For the "A7N8X" the manual says,
To utilize dual channel memory feature install two or more sticks of ram
in one of the following sequence: Sockets 1&3, Sockets 2&3 or Sockets
1,2&3. Look at the very top of the dimm sockets on the motherboard for
the socket number.

Ed
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 10, 2005 10:25:05 PM

Mark G. wrote:
> So am I correct in that if I have matched ram, then it should be
> seated in the two blue ram slots or is that a wrong assumption?

I have no idea what colour your slots are. Put the two RAM chips not in the
middle slot.

Ben