ASUS Mainboard Drivers

Knowbody

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2002

Can someone please help me find the DRIVERS for a ASUS P4S-LA
Motherboad.
Thank you for any help !!

Google showed that the P4S-LA is an OEM board used in some HP Pavilion
desktops.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bph07029&locale=en_US

The tricky bit would be identifying what Pavilion models used the board. If
the board is still in the HP case, that would be the easy way to identify
it.

Alternately, get drivers directly from SiS to match the chipset:

http://download.sis.com/

HTH.

"knowbody" <bill.smiley@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Can someone please help me find the DRIVERS for a ASUS P4S-LA
> Motherboad.
> Thank you for any help !!

Paul

Splendid

In article <41e1ab50$1_1@alt.athenanews.com>,
bill.smiley@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (knowbody) wrote:

> Can someone please help me find the DRIVERS for a ASUS P4S-LA
> Motherboad.
> Thank you for any help !!

HP is supposed to provide the drivers. The nearest Asus board
that looks like a P4S-LA, is this one. It is an SIS650/961
board in a microatx formfactor:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4S333-M&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

Check out the picture of the motherboard on page 17
of the manual. Compare it to your actual board.

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4s333-m/p4s333m-100.pdf

HTH,
Paul

Knowbody

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2002

THANK ALL OF YOU !!!
Found everything but the multimedia audio controller, still looking in
the place where you ponited me. Again, Thank you.

Paul

Splendid

In article <41e20c68$1_4@alt.athenanews.com>,
bill.smiley@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (knowbody) wrote:

> THANK ALL OF YOU !!!
> Found everything but the multimedia audio controller, still looking in
> the place where you ponited me. Again, Thank you.

Do the files at the top of this page work ?

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4S333-M&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

Have a look at the board, and see if there is a CS4299 AC'97 chip
on it. The P4S333-M manual mentions it, and if you have that chip,
that increases the odds that the Asus driver packages will work.
The chip would be right underneath your AGP video card, near the
slot cover on the back of the computer.

Paul

Knowbody

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2002

I would like to take a little time to THANK Bob and Paul for there
time.
My computer is up and running.
Thank you both !!!!