help! p4b533 sb_pwr blinking but mobo dead

Hi all,

I replaced the heatsink on my mobo and obiously broke either the cpu or
the mobo... Does a blinking sb_pwr mean one or the other... or both?!?!

I plug-in, flip the psu switch and the sb_pwr starts to blink. I push
the power button but the mobo remains inactive (other than the blinking
sb_pwr led). If I safely remove the cpu and try reapplying power same
thing happens - does this mean the cpu is broke, the mobo is broke...
or perhaps the psu (3 yr old zm300a)?

I can't find any asus docs on a blinking sb_pwr led. And info
appreciated.

cheers

Thanks for the suggestion Paul. I think I'll track down a PSU and try a
swap.

Funny thing - I removed all cabling from the mobo then started wiring
things up one at a time and lo and behold it booted. Leave it for a day
though and it has acted up again. I wonder if that is how PSUs behave
before they finally give up the ghost. I'll keep you posted.

cheers