Installing new 4.27 Nforce Unified drivers

I have the previous version of Nforce Unified drivers currently installed on
XP Professional. In installation instructions it says to uninstall NVIDIA
Display drivers before installing the new drivers--I am running an ATI video
card so no NVIDIA Display drivers are shown in add-remove programs. Just
says NVIDIA Drivers.

Is it OK to load over existing drivers? If it does not work and I create a
restore point before trying to run the install, will Windows allow me to go
back to previous drivers without any trouble? I have an NF7-S v2.0 MB and
Diamond Stealth S80 video card.

Lori,

I installed ver 4.27 over the older drivers without a problem. I also
created a Drive Image - just in case - prior to doing the install.

I would never trust System Restore to resurrect a dead system. It is only
for Microsoft "system" files, and will not monitor/repair many other files
and registry entries.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Lori Kuiper" <Kuiper9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the previous version of Nforce Unified drivers currently installed
>on
> XP Professional. In installation instructions it says to uninstall NVIDIA
> Display drivers before installing the new drivers--I am running an ATI
> video
> card so no NVIDIA Display drivers are shown in add-remove programs. Just
> says NVIDIA Drivers.
>
> Is it OK to load over existing drivers? If it does not work and I create
> restore point before trying to run the install, will Windows allow me to
> go
> back to previous drivers without any trouble? I have an NF7-S v2.0 MB and
> Diamond Stealth S80 video card.

This will take you to the support page for these motherboards. look for
the sound driver. Note that there are several versions of this
motherboard and I had to look at all versus newest drivers to see sound
driver for the basic.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download.aspx