A7VXE with and XP 2200+ to A8V with a 3400+ XP64 on WinXP ..

I thought that since the Promise SATA controllers were the same I might just
be able to swap the MOBO and have XP redetect everything else, but that was
a NO-GO. Has anyone done and in place upgrade to get XP running without
reinstalling every single app again. I just redid this system a few weeks
ago and don't feel like going through anything more than an inplace upgrade
again.

I do not have that board, BUT

Launching a repair with WinXp's CD usually works.

You may have to have a diskette with your SATA drivers
(Press F6 when request it).

Do not select the first Repair option, wait untill
install, choose the HD and then select the Repair option.

You will have to reinstall your hardware, but
your software will work as is.

It should take less than an hour. And I suppose it
may fail to boot though I doubt it.

news: P5yEd.6326$Iz5.5866@fe39.usenetserver.com...