Media player software messes up Windows sound scheme/events

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

Clean install of Windows XP Pro. Once I install the J. River Media Jukebox
player, certain windows sound events stop working (like the "click" sound
when clicking folders in Windows Explorer or links in Internet Explorer).
When I go and look at the sound scheme in the Control Panel, nothing is
chosen, so I have to go and re-select Windows Default. Everything is fine
until I re-launch the media player and then it starts all over again. Any
ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about media player software messes windows sound scheme events
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:15:39 -0600, "SmarSquid"
    <smarsquid@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Clean install of Windows XP Pro. Once I install the J. River Media Jukebox
    >player, certain windows sound events stop working (like the "click" sound
    >when clicking folders in Windows Explorer or links in Internet Explorer).
    >When I go and look at the sound scheme in the Control Panel, nothing is
    >chosen, so I have to go and re-select Windows Default. Everything is fine
    >until I re-launch the media player and then it starts all over again. Any
    >ideas?

    Of course. Conttact the vendor of said jukebox, since they're
    the one's that set it up this way.
    Dave

Media Player Events Microsoft Windows XP