Media player software messes up Windows sound scheme/events

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

Clean install of Windows XP Pro. Once I install the J. River Media Jukebox
player, certain windows sound events stop working (like the "click" sound
when clicking folders in Windows Explorer or links in Internet Explorer).
When I go and look at the sound scheme in the Control Panel, nothing is
chosen, so I have to go and re-select Windows Default. Everything is fine
until I re-launch the media player and then it starts all over again. Any
ideas?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.music (More info?)

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:15:39 -0600, "SmarSquid"
<smarsquid@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Clean install of Windows XP Pro. Once I install the J. River Media Jukebox
>player, certain windows sound events stop working (like the "click" sound
>when clicking folders in Windows Explorer or links in Internet Explorer).
>When I go and look at the sound scheme in the Control Panel, nothing is
>chosen, so I have to go and re-select Windows Default. Everything is fine
>until I re-launch the media player and then it starts all over again. Any
>ideas?

Of course. Conttact the vendor of said jukebox, since they're
the one's that set it up this way.
Dave