I950 Printer ink???

Hi,
Saw posting on refills for I950 from MIS.

Question:
1. Has anyone had any nozzle problems (clogging or banding)
2. How many times can you refill the same cartridge before the sponge
stops absorbing?
3. How many photo prints do you generally do a month?

I have a I950 since Oct '03 and have been using a generic fill kit and
printer is the shop (for a second time)
They say to use genuine Canon cartridges or this will always happen?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Wayne

On 12 May 2004 07:56:21 -0700, wmphoto@astound.net (Wayne) wrote:

>Hi,
>Saw posting on refills for I950 from MIS.
>
>Question:
>1. Has anyone had any nozzle problems (clogging or banding)
>2. How many times can you refill the same cartridge before the sponge
>stops absorbing?
>3. How many photo prints do you generally do a month?
>
>I have a I950 since Oct '03 and have been using a generic fill kit and
>printer is the shop (for a second time)
>They say to use genuine Canon cartridges or this will always happen?
>
>Your feedback is appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Wayne

The best ink to use would be from Formula labs. There are several
popular distributors, Joe at www.alotofthings.com is my favorite
supplier. He will proptly answer any questions you might have.

Ive used his ink for the entire life of my I850 without one clog and
the shades are an exact match to genuine canon ink. At times , the
printer would sit for 4 weeks or longer without being used as well.

I now just got a Canon I960 in which I ordered Ink from Joe and blank
cartridges made for refilling from www.inkjetgoodies.com
Many people here use the formula labs ink without complaints

Also, altanticinkjet.com is also a popular supplier.

Honestly, You shouldnt use INK unless you know where it comes from.
Definately stay away from generics that are "Compatible in all
printers"

Anyway, good luck. Im sure several others will point you in the same
direction of suppliers.

bill

beezer wrote:

>>I have a I950 since Oct '03 and have been using a generic fill kit and
>>printer is the shop (for a second time)
>>They say to use genuine Canon cartridges or this will always happen?
>
>The best ink to use would be from Formula labs. There are several
>popular distributors, Joe at www.alotofthings.com is my favorite
>supplier. He will proptly answer any questions you might have.
>
>Also, altanticinkjet.com is also a popular supplier.
>
>Honestly, You shouldnt use INK unless you know where it comes from.
>Definately stay away from generics that are "Compatible in all
>printers"

That about sums up what I would have said. :)

I use AtlanticInkjet supplies with my Canon i850. It works great and
I've never had a clog.

GIGI

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Your i850 doesn't work anymore?
How many pages can the printhead print?
I want to buy a Canon but i don't know their max life like epson.
Could you inform me please?Can i use pigment ink?
Thank you

On Thu, 13 May 2004 10:04:01 GMT, "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>Your i850 doesn't work anymore?
>How many pages can the printhead print?
>I want to buy a Canon but i don't know their max life like epson.
>Could you inform me please?Can i use pigment ink?
>Thank you

I never said my 850 doesnt work.. I merely purchased the I960 as I
needed a second printer. The 850 is still like new and prints sharp as
a razor. I was going to buy another 850/860 for the second computer
but with the rebate offer and low price I found, I went with the 960
and Im really pleased with it.

My 850, I must have about 3000 text pages printed and probably 200
plus 8x10 prints.. this includes the 4x6 etc etc....

As I said , it still prints photos and text sharp as a razor. BUT,
overall, the 960 has better overall tones for photos and it handles
the black contrast much much better.

If I had to choose only one printer, It would have to be the 960.

My 850 shows absolutely no signs of wear at all. Ive used nothing but
refill inks from alotofthings.com (formulalabs) and never had a clog.

Im sure I will buy new equipment well before the 850/960 show any
signs of wear. I probably purchase new printers every 2 yrs just to
keep up with advancing technology.

GIGI

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

thank's beezer for the feedback!!!
Now i have a epson 870 and some MIS pigment ink,but i want to buy a canon
because i have problem with banding even if the printhead is completely
unclogged.I don't know what to do.The only solution is a canon printer.Can
he work with these pigment inks?I have 40ml of each color and don't want to
through them away.

PS:so is true that the canon's printheads last for the life of the printer
!!!

Thank's again

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:41:04 GMT, "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>thank's beezer for the feedback!!!
>Now i have a epson 870 and some MIS pigment ink,but i want to buy a canon
>because i have problem with banding even if the printhead is completely
>unclogged.I don't know what to do.The only solution is a canon printer.Can
>he work with these pigment inks?I have 40ml of each color and don't want to
>through them away.
>
>PS:so is true that the canon's printheads last for the life of the printer
>!!!
>
>Thank's again

DO NOT use any ink in the canon unless its genuine canon ink or
Formula Labs ink. Read my recent posts and links for some popular
vendors of the proper ink.

THROW AWAY your other ink. or give them away or resell it if its
sealed. but do not consider using it in canon. The refill ink for
canon is very economical, so use the proper ink for it.

As far as the printheads, what someone would call the "life of the
printer" may mean something different to someone else. Would it last
for several years with general regular use? I believe so. I think
you could expect many many thousands of prints without breaking a
sweat.

Which Canon have you decided on?

GIGI

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

well,i ordered 2 print samples.1 from i960 and 1 from i865.
I noticed that were almost identical and i think that both of them were
printed from i960.If they are so identical i think that i will buy the i865.
Do you know what is the cost of a new printhead?
(I am just curious)

Thank's
> On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:41:04 GMT, "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:
>

> >thank's beezer for the feedback!!!
> >Now i have a epson 870 and some MIS pigment ink,but i want to buy a canon
> >because i have problem with banding even if the printhead is completely
> >unclogged.I don't know what to do.The only solution is a canon
printer.Can
> >he work with these pigment inks?I have 40ml of each color and don't want
> >through them away.
> >
> >PS:so is true that the canon's printheads last for the life of the
printer
> >!!!
> >
> >Thank's again
>

> DO NOT use any ink in the canon unless its genuine canon ink or
> Formula Labs ink. Read my recent posts and links for some popular
> vendors of the proper ink.
>
> THROW AWAY your other ink. or give them away or resell it if its
> sealed. but do not consider using it in canon. The refill ink for
> canon is very economical, so use the proper ink for it.
>
> As far as the printheads, what someone would call the "life of the
> printer" may mean something different to someone else. Would it last
> for several years with general regular use? I believe so. I think
> you could expect many many thousands of prints without breaking a
> sweat.
>
> Which Canon have you decided on?

The i865 printhead runs about USD$46.00 direct
from Canon USA. The i960 printhead runs about
USD$82.00.

Customer Service ( customer.service@weink.com )
WeInk, LLC
http://www.weink.com
Beat the high cost of printing with
Camel Continuous Re-Inking System

Use code MAY1415 and get 15% off any order
over $50.00 May 13-15, 2004
_____________________________
"gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
> well,i ordered 2 print samples.1 from i960 and 1 from i865.
> I noticed that were almost identical and i think that both of them were
> printed from i960.If they are so identical i think that i will buy the
i865.
> Do you know what is the cost of a new printhead?
> (I am just curious)
>
> Thank's
> "beezer" <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:41:04 GMT, "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:
> >

> > >thank's beezer for the feedback!!!
> > >Now i have a epson 870 and some MIS pigment ink,but i want to buy a
canon
> > >because i have problem with banding even if the printhead is completely
> > >unclogged.I don't know what to do.The only solution is a canon
> printer.Can
> > >he work with these pigment inks?I have 40ml of each color and don't
want
> > >through them away.
> > >
> > >PS:so is true that the canon's printheads last for the life of the
> printer
> > >!!!
> > >
> > >Thank's again
> >

> > DO NOT use any ink in the canon unless its genuine canon ink or
> > Formula Labs ink. Read my recent posts and links for some popular
> > vendors of the proper ink.
> >
> > THROW AWAY your other ink. or give them away or resell it if its
> > sealed. but do not consider using it in canon. The refill ink for
> > canon is very economical, so use the proper ink for it.
> >
> > As far as the printheads, what someone would call the "life of the
> > printer" may mean something different to someone else. Would it last
> > for several years with general regular use? I believe so. I think
> > you could expect many many thousands of prints without breaking a
> > sweat.
> >
> > Which Canon have you decided on?

GIGI

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Do you have ink in smaller bottles like 60ml?

On Fri, 14 May 2004 06:12:40 GMT, "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>Do you have ink in smaller bottles like 60ml?
>In the site i only saw 135ml

I guess you never read my first post in this thread?

We market to medium, high, and bulk volume users.

135 mL is the smallest bottle we supply, as this is the smallest
volume continuous re-inking systems we sell.

--
J Mills
http://www.weink.com

: Do you have ink in smaller bottles like 60ml?
: In the site i only saw 135ml
: "WeInk" <weink@comcast.net> wrote in message
: news:AuednXZX3exDUj7dRVn-hQ@comcast.com...
: > The i865 printhead runs about USD$46.00 direct

GIGI

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

i read all the previous posts but i think that is not necessary buying from
"a lot of things".I always bought from www.inksupply.com for my epson
printer with excellent quality and price,but i don't know if their ink for
canon printers is good.If it isn't good i'll buy fro alotofthings.Does have
anybody tried their ink?
Thank's beezer for your patient !!!

On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:35:13 GMT, "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>i read all the previous posts but i think that is not necessary buying from
>"a lot of things".I always bought from www.inksupply.com for my epson
>printer with excellent quality and price,but i don't know if their ink for
>canon printers is good.If it isn't good i'll buy fro alotofthings.Does have
>anybody tried their ink?
>Thank's beezer for your patient !!!

good luck in your choice of ink.

I'm running a continuous inking system from weink on an i9100. Been
going fine for several months with their own ink. It seems to be about
$30/500ml compared to $25/500ml for most of the others. I figured that
if they were selling continuous inking systems and not getting knocked
here, they were pretty good and that has been the case so fat. I've
run through about a third of the ink in each color except black which
is a little more.

Jim