Solved

How to fix Corrupt System Files?

I built my current computer after Christmas. I had many BSOD's. By New Years, the system became corrupt, unrepairable and unbootable. I reinstalled Windows 7. I continued to have BSOD's so I started to investigate a hardware cause. I had two RAM modules and found that one failed memtest and the other had no errors. I found the problem, but my system files were already buggy and corrupt. My biggest problem seems to be with Internet Explorer.

SFC /scannow says the following files are corrupt (partial list):
mingliub.ttc
OmdProject.dll
SpeechUXRes.dll
comctl32.dll
xpsrchvw.exe

It also finds other errors such as directory ownership problems.

What is the easiest way to fix Windows at this point? I can't really do a system restore because I can't even trust the original installation. Do I need to do a reinstall, or is there another way?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corrupt system files
  1. Best answer
    I had similiar issues with my build and i just did a clean install of Win7 again.
    Just backup/save any critical files .
    It's probably the best course of action considering you have other unresolved problems with some of your hardware and your rig is still new.
  2. Best answer selected by marktwayne.
  3. Thanks for the reply. Things are still new on my system. I went ahead and did the clean install. It only took an hour or so. My personal files are on another hard from the installation drive anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Blue Screen Windows 7