curtis

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I have been using my computer for a while using dial up
through a modem. I recently installed a IEEE 1394
firewire card and my internet connection stopped
working. When I removed the card and restored my
settings to before the card install my internet came
back. Does anyone know what the problem could be.

curtis

Reinstall the IEEE card... once it's installed right click on Network
Places, select Properties. Right click on the IEEE 1394 NIC and select
disable.

The PC is just confused since it can network via firewire and now isn't sure
which it should be doing.
www.coribright.com