Reassigned drive names change

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi there,
My system recently changed after a backup restore for some
reason to such:
c: primary disk
d: CD
e: DVD
f: hard disk
g: hard disk.

After I reassign my hard disks to d: & e: (like they were
before my last restore of a backup) with CD/DVD being
assigned to m: & n: I just need to reboot and everything
goes back to the same mixed up sequence initially listed.

Does anybody know how to ensure that the system KEEPS the
reassigned drive names? I suspect it has something to do
with drive mounts or volume mounts???
thanks
phil

Delete the content of HKLM\System\MountedDevices key and reboot.