Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A7V400-MX boot and onboard audio problems

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 12, 2005 1:38:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I'm taking a survey to see how commone the following problems are:

Boot problem 1: Everytime I turn power on from a cold start, boot starts
for about 2 seconds, then HDD and power lamps go off for about 2
seconds, then come on and boot continues normally. Definitely not a
power supply problem. Does your m/b ever do this?

Boot problem 2: Sometimes, I get a message that the keyboard is locked
out and there is no response to any key presses. If I then hit Reset,
next boot proceeds normally. Ever happen to you?

Audio problem: Can't get onboard audio to work. I thought I installed
all the drivers properly and have AC97 enabled in the BIOS. Have any of
you ever got onboard audio to work?

All I'm looking for are simple Yes/No answers to each question. If most
of you do NOT have these problems, I'll assume that my m/b is defective
and exchange it.

Thanks for your help.

Ray
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 12, 2005 1:38:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Ray K wrote:
> I'm taking a survey to see how commone the following problems are:
>
> Boot problem 1: Everytime I turn power on from a cold start, boot starts
> for about 2 seconds, then HDD and power lamps go off for about 2
> seconds, then come on and boot continues normally. Definitely not a
> power supply problem. Does your m/b ever do this?
No

>
> Boot problem 2: Sometimes, I get a message that the keyboard is locked
> out and there is no response to any key presses. If I then hit Reset,
> next boot proceeds normally. Ever happen to you?
No

>
> Audio problem: Can't get onboard audio to work. I thought I installed
> all the drivers properly and have AC97 enabled in the BIOS. Have any of
> you ever got onboard audio to work?
My onboard audion work as expected
>
I used to have a t-bird 1GHz on it and now I have a xp-m 2500+. Both work.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 12, 2005 6:56:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Thanks for the feeback.

Ray
Related resources
January 13, 2005 3:11:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:34:57 -0800, No e-mail
<invliad@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Ray K wrote:
>> I'm taking a survey to see how commone the following problems are:
>>
>> Boot problem 1: Everytime I turn power on from a cold start, boot starts
>> for about 2 seconds, then HDD and power lamps go off for about 2
>> seconds, then come on and boot continues normally. Definitely not a
>> power supply problem. Does your m/b ever do this?
>No

FWIW - I have this happen on my A7V8X-MX mobo
>
>>
>> Boot problem 2: Sometimes, I get a message that the keyboard is locked
>> out and there is no response to any key presses. If I then hit Reset,
>> next boot proceeds normally. Ever happen to you?
>No
>
>>
>> Audio problem: Can't get onboard audio to work. I thought I installed
>> all the drivers properly and have AC97 enabled in the BIOS. Have any of
>> you ever got onboard audio to work?
>My onboard audion work as expected
>>
>I used to have a t-bird 1GHz on it and now I have a xp-m 2500+. Both work.
January 15, 2005 12:25:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:11:55 +0000, Harry <A@A.A> wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:34:57 -0800, No e-mail
><invliad@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Ray K wrote:
>>> I'm taking a survey to see how commone the following problems are:
>>>
>>> Boot problem 1: Everytime I turn power on from a cold start, boot starts
>>> for about 2 seconds, then HDD and power lamps go off for about 2
>>> seconds, then come on and boot continues normally. Definitely not a
>>> power supply problem. Does your m/b ever do this?
>>No
>
>FWIW - I have this happen on my A7V8X-MX mobo

I just built up a box with a A7V400-MX today, and it does it too.
!