Graphics Problems with Win XP Pro

Each time I view a graphic or something which moves on
screen, then I hear a buzzing sound while the object is
moving. For example, when I select a musical colour
visualisation for a song on Windows Media Player, then
while the visualisation is moving on screen, a buzzing
sound is heard. The playback of the music is also slowed
down due to this. However if I minimise the WMP then the
sound is not heard. The same problem occurs for other
moving objects on screen, i.e. a Flash animation etc. I
have a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 graphics card for a
800Mhz 96Mb RAM system. I have tried updating the driver
but this seems to have done nothing.

What type of monitor and what are the settings? How old is
the monitor?

"Nayan" <nayanayan@talk21.com> wrote in message
| Each time I view a graphic or something which moves on
| screen, then I hear a buzzing sound while the object is
| moving. For example, when I select a musical colour
| visualisation for a song on Windows Media Player, then
| while the visualisation is moving on screen, a buzzing
| sound is heard. The playback of the music is also slowed
| down due to this. However if I minimise the WMP then the
| sound is not heard. The same problem occurs for other
| moving objects on screen, i.e. a Flash animation etc. I
| have a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 graphics card for a
| 800Mhz 96Mb RAM system. I have tried updating the driver
| but this seems to have done nothing.

I have a 15in LG Studioworks monitor which is about 1-
2yrs old. The settings are 1024x726 res with 60hz
refresh rate. i have used several other monitors with
the same settings in the past but the problem persists. I
have also tried changing the screen resolution but there
is still a buzzing sound.

It sounds like a power transformer in the monitor is going
bad. Time to buy a new monitor probably. The cost of
repairs is probably a fair portion of the cost of a newer
monitor, maybe a 17 or 19 inch.

"Nayan" <nayanp5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I have a 15in LG Studioworks monitor which is about 1-
| 2yrs old. The settings are 1024x726 res with 60hz
| refresh rate. i have used several other monitors with
| the same settings in the past but the problem persists. I
| have also tried changing the screen resolution but there
| is still a buzzing sound.

With the system you describe (96 MB, 800 MHz system) you should not have any
visualizations playing while WMP is running playing a file. This taxes the
system greatly and will slow down the sound output from many sound sources.

If I read you right the buzzing is coming from the monitor.. If so the
buzzing sound does indicate a failing monitor. Try it on another system and
see if the problem persists on the new system. If the buzzing is coming
from the speakers, the system may be overtaxed with the visualizations
causing distortion in the sound.

60-HZ refresh rate is also too slow for most people and the visible flicker
will cause headaches in many people. Attempt to run the refresh rate on the
monitor or a new monitor at least 70 HZ or higher. I realize the system is
an older one and not that powerful so you may have to lower the resolution
to 800 X 600 get the higher refresh rate.