Disable "power on USB" a7n8x-e

Hi,

I have a powersaving extension powerbox, which is connected to my USB port.
When turning on my computer it sends a signal to the powerbox, which then
enables the power for whatever i plugged into it's power outlets (printer,
speakers, screen etc)..

Any ways, for some reason on my A7N8X-E there is always power on my USB
ports.. Anyone know how to disable this ??

regards
jorgen

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:06:02 +0100, "Jorgen [DK/2400]" <morsom@morsom.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a powersaving extension powerbox, which is connected to my USB port.
>When turning on my computer it sends a signal to the powerbox, which then
>enables the power for whatever i plugged into it's power outlets (printer,
>speakers, screen etc)..
>
>Any ways, for some reason on my A7N8X-E there is always power on my USB
>ports.. Anyone know how to disable this ??

First, did you try all of the USB ports?

Second, what kind of keyboard do you use - PS/2 or USB?

If you only power the USB ports when full system power is available you'll
never be able to Wake the system from a USB keyboard. Which explains why at
least one of your USB ports is powered by standby 5V.

On some motherboards there's a jumper you can move to select the source of the
5V to the USB headers - from a non-standby source or from a standby source.
Check your user manual for "USB Power Select" or something similar...

/daytripper

"daytripper" <day_trippr@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:06:02 +0100, "Jorgen [DK/2400]"
<morsom@morsom.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a powersaving extension powerbox, which is connected to my USB
port.
> >When turning on my computer it sends a signal to the powerbox, which then
> >enables the power for whatever i plugged into it's power outlets
(printer,
> >speakers, screen etc)..
> >
> >Any ways, for some reason on my A7N8X-E there is always power on my USB
> >ports.. Anyone know how to disable this ??
>
> First, did you try all of the USB ports?
>
> Second, what kind of keyboard do you use - PS/2 or USB?
>
> If you only power the USB ports when full system power is available you'll
> never be able to Wake the system from a USB keyboard. Which explains why
at
> least one of your USB ports is powered by standby 5V.
>
> On some motherboards there's a jumper you can move to select the source of
the
> 5V to the USB headers - from a non-standby source or from a standby
source.
> Check your user manual for "USB Power Select" or something similar...

Correct - this mobo has jumpers to select the power source for each
of the 8 USB ports. Leave the jumper on the port connected to your
powerbox at "+5VSB" and change all the rest to "+5V".
HTH
--
Rob