windows xp media center 2004

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
media center 2004 can any one tell me plz
8 answers Last reply
More about windows media center 2004
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Windows Media Center FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "iqbalkhan" <iqbalkhan2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message:
    news:44c301c4733c$5d038400$a601280a@phx.gbl...

    | what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
    | media center 2004 can any one tell me plz
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Two things. First you need a supported hardware encoding TV Tuner.
    Second, you need access to Windows XP MCE 2004. That's basically.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty


    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    > Windows Media Center FAQ
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    From what I understand about WMC, there is no needing anything, you cannot get WMC, except already on a system (with required hardware) to use WMC. The 2004 Edition is an upgrade, and can only be purchase from retailers who sell the media center systems.

    "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message news:eDklMQ1cEHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Two things. First you need a supported hardware encoding TV Tuner.
    > Second, you need access to Windows XP MCE 2004. That's basically.
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >
    >
    > Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    >> Windows Media Center FAQ
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx
    >>
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi

    Please try the Media Center News Group:

    news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups


    "iqbalkhan" <iqbalkhan2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:44c301c4733c$5d038400$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
    > media center 2004 can any one tell me plz
    >
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Greetings --

    Just the specific hardware with which it's sold. WinXP MCE is
    available _only_ as a factory-installed OEM product on specifically
    designed systems.

    Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp


    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on
    having both at once. - RAH


    "iqbalkhan" <iqbalkhan2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:44c301c4733c$5d038400$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
    > media center 2004 can any one tell me plz
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Not entirely true. There are three ways to get MCE:
    1) Buy a Media Center Computer
    2) MSDN Operating Systems (or higher) Subscription
    3) Be a member of the System Builder Channel

    In order for MCE to operate properly, you must have a supported Hardware
    Encoding TV Tuner. It is possible to install MCE without a TV Tuner,
    but the MCE part will not work. You also need a DVD Decoder installed.

    I built my own MCE computer with an ATI eHome Wonder that I purchased
    from newegg.com.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty


    Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > Greetings --
    >
    > Just the specific hardware with which it's sold. WinXP MCE is
    > available _only_ as a factory-installed OEM product on specifically
    > designed systems.
    >
    > Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp
    >
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Wil a ATI AIW 9800 Radeon Pro card work with windows XP MCE?

    "Nathan McNulty" wrote:

    > Not entirely true. There are three ways to get MCE:
    > 1) Buy a Media Center Computer
    > 2) MSDN Operating Systems (or higher) Subscription
    > 3) Be a member of the System Builder Channel
    >
    > In order for MCE to operate properly, you must have a supported Hardware
    > Encoding TV Tuner. It is possible to install MCE without a TV Tuner,
    > but the MCE part will not work. You also need a DVD Decoder installed.
    >
    > I built my own MCE computer with an ATI eHome Wonder that I purchased
    > from newegg.com.
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >
    >
    > Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > > Greetings --
    > >
    > > Just the specific hardware with which it's sold. WinXP MCE is
    > > available _only_ as a factory-installed OEM product on specifically
    > > designed systems.
    > >
    > > Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp
    > >
    > >
    > > Bruce Chambers
    >
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Yes. Check this out:
    http://www.ati.com/products/mce/index.html

    ----
    Nathan McNulty


    gem_ali@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Wil a ATI AIW 9800 Radeon Pro card work with windows XP MCE?
    >
    > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Not entirely true. There are three ways to get MCE:
    >>1) Buy a Media Center Computer
    >>2) MSDN Operating Systems (or higher) Subscription
    >>3) Be a member of the System Builder Channel
    >>
    >>In order for MCE to operate properly, you must have a supported Hardware
    >>Encoding TV Tuner. It is possible to install MCE without a TV Tuner,
    >>but the MCE part will not work. You also need a DVD Decoder installed.
    >>
    >>I built my own MCE computer with an ATI eHome Wonder that I purchased
    >>from newegg.com.
    >>
    >>----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>
    >>
    >>Bruce Chambers wrote:
    >>
    >>>Greetings --
    >>>
    >>> Just the specific hardware with which it's sold. WinXP MCE is
    >>>available _only_ as a factory-installed OEM product on specifically
    >>>designed systems.
    >>>
    >>>Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
    >>>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Bruce Chambers
    >>
Ask a new question

Read More

Hardware Media Center Microsoft Windows XP