windows xp media center 2004

what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
media center 2004 can any one tell me plz

Windows Media Center FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"iqbalkhan" <iqbalkhan2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

| what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
| media center 2004 can any one tell me plz

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

From what I understand about WMC, there is no needing anything, you cannot get WMC, except already on a system (with required hardware) to use WMC. The 2004 Edition is an upgrade, and can only be purchase from retailers who sell the media center systems.

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message news:eDklMQ1cEHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Two things. First you need a supported hardware encoding TV Tuner.
> Second, you need access to Windows XP MCE 2004. That's basically.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>> Windows Media Center FAQ
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx

Hi

Please try the Media Center News Group:

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"iqbalkhan" <iqbalkhan2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:44c301c4733c$5d038400$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
> media center 2004 can any one tell me plz

Greetings --

Just the specific hardware with which it's sold. WinXP MCE is
available _only_ as a factory-installed OEM product on specifically
designed systems.

Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"iqbalkhan" <iqbalkhan2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> what special hardware we need for microsoft windows xp
> media center 2004 can any one tell me plz

Not entirely true. There are three ways to get MCE:
1) Buy a Media Center Computer
2) MSDN Operating Systems (or higher) Subscription
3) Be a member of the System Builder Channel

In order for MCE to operate properly, you must have a supported Hardware
Encoding TV Tuner. It is possible to install MCE without a TV Tuner,
but the MCE part will not work. You also need a DVD Decoder installed.

I built my own MCE computer with an ATI eHome Wonder that I purchased
from newegg.com.

----
Nathan McNulty

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> Greetings --
>
> Just the specific hardware with which it's sold. WinXP MCE is
> available _only_ as a factory-installed OEM product on specifically
> designed systems.
>
> Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp
>

> Bruce Chambers

Wil a ATI AIW 9800 Radeon Pro card work with windows XP MCE?

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Not entirely true. There are three ways to get MCE:
> 1) Buy a Media Center Computer
> 2) MSDN Operating Systems (or higher) Subscription
> 3) Be a member of the System Builder Channel
>
> In order for MCE to operate properly, you must have a supported Hardware
> Encoding TV Tuner. It is possible to install MCE without a TV Tuner,
> but the MCE part will not work. You also need a DVD Decoder installed.
>
> I built my own MCE computer with an ATI eHome Wonder that I purchased
> from newegg.com.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Bruce Chambers wrote:
> > Greetings --
> >
> > Just the specific hardware with which it's sold. WinXP MCE is
> > available _only_ as a factory-installed OEM product on specifically
> > designed systems.
> >
> > Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp
> >

> > Bruce Chambers