USB 2.0 HDD Device Support

One XP Pro computer reads the HDD just fine, most other
XP Pro machines do not. I assume this is a service pack
or fix difference. Do you know of a specific fix for
this? The HDD is a 2.5 inch inside an Enermax case with
AC power and USB 2.0.

Appreciate you help.

One may have SP1 update installed the others not.
"Bob J." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One XP Pro computer reads the HDD just fine, most other
> XP Pro machines do not. I assume this is a service pack
> or fix difference. Do you know of a specific fix for
> this? The HDD is a 2.5 inch inside an Enermax case with
> AC power and USB 2.0.
>
> Appreciate you help.

Or it may be a dynamic disk which is required to be imported. Check in
Disk Management (Right click on My Computer and click Manage, then click
on Disk Management). See if you see it in there.

----
Nathan McNulty