  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2005 4:58:32 AM

I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it starts
giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry does not
help.
Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
Bios is 1.02.
Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
Frustrated, please help.
TIA
Bill

More about : a8n sli load windows

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2005 4:58:33 AM

"wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
> starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
> does not help.
> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
> Bios is 1.02.
> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
> Frustrated, please help.
> TIA
> Bill

I don't have that board but when I've had that problem it's either been
a dirty/bad CD or CD drive;

Jim M
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2005 4:58:33 AM

"wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
> starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
> does not help.
> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
> Bios is 1.02.
> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
> Frustrated, please help.
> TIA
> Bill

Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
burner
updating the firmware helped

Jim M
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2005 5:02:05 PM

Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
Could bad memory cause this?
Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
TIA
"JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on
>> A8N-SLI.
>> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format
>> it starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
>> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
>> does not help.
>> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
>> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
>> Bios is 1.02.
>> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
>> Frustrated, please help.
>> TIA
>> Bill
>>

> Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
> burner
> updating the firmware helped
>
> Jim M

January 13, 2005 8:01:43 PM

Have you tried to install to a single drive? If you still get the same
issues that will at least eliminate the Nvidia Raid.

"wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
> starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
starts
> giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry does not
> help.
> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
> Bios is 1.02.
> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
> Frustrated, please help.
> TIA
> Bill

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2005 3:06:48 AM

Dan wrote:
> Have you tried to install to a single drive? If you still get the same
> issues that will at least eliminate the Nvidia Raid.

Or a bad drive.

Install of XPSP2 on my system using nVidia RAID wasnt a problem, using
two Seagate 160NCQ SATA drivers. Had to enable the NCQ in windows
though, was disabled by default.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2005 3:46:48 AM

Sounds like you have bad memory. I had this happen before and
replaced the memory and problem was resolved.

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:58:32 -0500, "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote:

>I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
>I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
>starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it starts
>giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry does not
>help.
>Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
>Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
>Bios is 1.02.
>Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
>Frustrated, please help.
>TIA
>Bill

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2005 2:58:04 AM

wdl wrote:
> Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
> Could bad memory cause this?
> Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
> TIA

Could be bad memory. Try Memtest86..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
a b V Motherboard

Problem solved.
Bad memory replaced.
Stable as heck now.
FX-55, two 6600PCI-Exress in SLI, 2-sticks of 1-gig ram (had to be Kingston)
& 2 Serial ATA's striping on NVidia controller....should be the bomb....but
sad to say I just don't see a major difference from the P4-3.2 I had
before...even in Doom3 graphics.
Also tried WinXP64 beta...no speed increase.
Where do you see the power?

"wdl" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
> Could bad memory cause this?
> Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
> TIA
> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on
>>> A8N-SLI.
>>> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format
>>> it starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
>>> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
>>> does not help.
>>> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
>>> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
>>> Bios is 1.02.
>>> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
>>> Frustrated, please help.
>>> TIA
>>> Bill
>>>

>> Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
>> burner
>> updating the firmware helped
>>
>> Jim M

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2005 6:49:48 AM

only the hardware vendors have that information...LOL !

ñíñjà¤têç

-----END-PGP-SIGNATURE-----

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:39:29 -0500, "wdl" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Problem solved.
>Bad memory replaced.
>Stable as heck now.
>FX-55, two 6600PCI-Exress in SLI, 2-sticks of 1-gig ram (had to be Kingston)
>& 2 Serial ATA's striping on NVidia controller....should be the bomb....but
>sad to say I just don't see a major difference from the P4-3.2 I had
>before...even in Doom3 graphics.
>Also tried WinXP64 beta...no speed increase.
>Where do you see the power?
>

>"wdl" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
>> Could bad memory cause this?
>> Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
>> TIA
>> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
>>> burner
>>> updating the firmware helped
>>>
>>> Jim M

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2005 7:49:01 PM

wdl wrote:
> Problem solved.
> Bad memory replaced.
> Stable as heck now.
> FX-55, two 6600PCI-Exress in SLI, 2-sticks of 1-gig ram (had to be Kingston)

Had to be? I've got Corsair TwinX2048 3200C2 (2x1Gig), no problems there.
!