A8N-SLI Won't Load Windows

I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it starts
giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry does not
help.
Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
Bios is 1.02.
Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
Frustrated, please help.
TIA
Bill

"wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
> starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
> does not help.
> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
> Bios is 1.02.
> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
> Frustrated, please help.
> TIA
> Bill

I don't have that board but when I've had that problem it's either been
a dirty/bad CD or CD drive;

Jim M

"wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
> starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
> does not help.
> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
> Bios is 1.02.
> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
> Frustrated, please help.
> TIA
> Bill

Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
burner
updating the firmware helped

Jim M

Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
Could bad memory cause this?
Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
TIA
"JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on
>> A8N-SLI.
>> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format
>> it starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
>> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
>> does not help.
>> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
>> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
>> Bios is 1.02.
>> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
>> Frustrated, please help.
>> TIA
>> Bill
>>

> Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
> burner
> updating the firmware helped
>
> Jim M

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Have you tried to install to a single drive? If you still get the same
issues that will at least eliminate the Nvidia Raid.

Dan wrote:
> Have you tried to install to a single drive? If you still get the same
> issues that will at least eliminate the Nvidia Raid.

Or a bad drive.

Install of XPSP2 on my system using nVidia RAID wasnt a problem, using
two Seagate 160NCQ SATA drivers. Had to enable the NCQ in windows
though, was disabled by default.

Sounds like you have bad memory. I had this happen before and
replaced the memory and problem was resolved.

wdl wrote:
> Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
> Could bad memory cause this?
> Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
> TIA

Could be bad memory. Try Memtest86..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Problem solved.
Bad memory replaced.
Stable as heck now.
FX-55, two 6600PCI-Exress in SLI, 2-sticks of 1-gig ram (had to be Kingston)
& 2 Serial ATA's striping on NVidia controller....should be the bomb....but
sad to say I just don't see a major difference from the P4-3.2 I had
before...even in Doom3 graphics.
Also tried WinXP64 beta...no speed increase.
Where do you see the power?

"wdl" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
> Could bad memory cause this?
> Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
> TIA
> "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on
>>> A8N-SLI.
>>> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format
>>> it starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
>>> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
>>> does not help.
>>> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
>>> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
>>> Bios is 1.02.
>>> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
>>> Frustrated, please help.
>>> TIA
>>> Bill
>>>

>> Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
>> burner
>> updating the firmware helped
>>
>> Jim M

only the hardware vendors have that information...LOL !

ñíñjà¤têç

-----END-PGP-SIGNATURE-----

wdl wrote:
> Problem solved.
> Bad memory replaced.
> Stable as heck now.
> FX-55, two 6600PCI-Exress in SLI, 2-sticks of 1-gig ram (had to be Kingston)

Had to be? I've got Corsair TwinX2048 3200C2 (2x1Gig), no problems there.