A8N-SLI Won't Load Windows

I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it starts
giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry does not
help.
Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
Bios is 1.02.
Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
Frustrated, please help.
TIA
Bill
10 answers Last reply
More about load windows

    "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
    > I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
    > starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
    > starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
    > does not help.
    > Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
    > Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
    > Bios is 1.02.
    > Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
    > Frustrated, please help.
    > TIA
    > Bill

    I don't have that board but when I've had that problem it's either been
    a dirty/bad CD or CD drive;

    Jim M

    "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on A8N-SLI.
    > I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format it
    > starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
    > starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
    > does not help.
    > Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
    > Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
    > Bios is 1.02.
    > Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
    > Frustrated, please help.
    > TIA
    > Bill

    Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
    burner
    updating the firmware helped

    Jim M

    Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
    Could bad memory cause this?
    Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
    TIA
    "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on
    >> A8N-SLI.
    >> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format
    >> it starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
    >> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
    >> does not help.
    >> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
    >> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
    >> Bios is 1.02.
    >> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
    >> Frustrated, please help.
    >> TIA
    >> Bill
    >>

    > Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
    > burner
    > updating the firmware helped
    >
    > Jim M

    Have you tried to install to a single drive? If you still get the same
    issues that will at least eliminate the Nvidia Raid.

    Dan wrote:
    > Have you tried to install to a single drive? If you still get the same
    > issues that will at least eliminate the Nvidia Raid.

    Or a bad drive.

    Install of XPSP2 on my system using nVidia RAID wasnt a problem, using
    two Seagate 160NCQ SATA drivers. Had to enable the NCQ in windows
    though, was disabled by default.

    Sounds like you have bad memory. I had this happen before and
    replaced the memory and problem was resolved.

    wdl wrote:
    > Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
    > Could bad memory cause this?
    > Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
    > TIA

    Could be bad memory. Try Memtest86..

    --
    Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

    Problem solved.
    Bad memory replaced.
    Stable as heck now.
    FX-55, two 6600PCI-Exress in SLI, 2-sticks of 1-gig ram (had to be Kingston)
    & 2 Serial ATA's striping on NVidia controller....should be the bomb....but
    sad to say I just don't see a major difference from the P4-3.2 I had
    before...even in Doom3 graphics.
    Also tried WinXP64 beta...no speed increase.
    Where do you see the power?

    "wdl" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Replaced DVD drive & replaced Windows CD with same result.
    > Could bad memory cause this?
    > Ususally bad memory causes BSOD but I'm not getting that crash.
    > TIA
    > "JBM" <jmanning95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "wdl" <adsad@adasdf.net> wrote in message
    >>> I'm trying to load XPSP2 using Nvidia SATA RAID striping & SLI on
    >>> A8N-SLI.
    >>> I load XP, F6, load Nvidia RAID drivers from floppy...then after format
    >>> it starts copying files from WinXP CD & after 50-100 files copy fine it
    >>> starts giving error messages saying it cant copy files. Enter to retry
    >>> does not help.
    >>> Tried both switching WinXP CD's, & changing CD drives without success.
    >>> Even switched to SI3114r5 controller...same result.
    >>> Bios is 1.02.
    >>> Downloaded beta bios but checksum was bad...awdflash would not take.
    >>> Frustrated, please help.
    >>> TIA
    >>> Bill
    >>>

    >> Pressed send too soon. I was having this problem using a sony 700A DVD
    >> burner
    >> updating the firmware helped
    >>
    >> Jim M

    only the hardware vendors have that information...LOL !

    ñíñjà¤têç

    -----END-PGP-SIGNATURE-----

    wdl wrote:
    > Problem solved.
    > Bad memory replaced.
    > Stable as heck now.
    > FX-55, two 6600PCI-Exress in SLI, 2-sticks of 1-gig ram (had to be Kingston)

    Had to be? I've got Corsair TwinX2048 3200C2 (2x1Gig), no problems there.

Asus NAS / RAID SLI CD-Rom Motherboards