Robert

I have a computer and a laptop. I can access my personal
folders on my computer but not on my laptop. I've done
the following:

1) File > Open > Personal Folders File (.pst)
2) Locate .pst file on h drive and click ok

Upon clicking ok, receive error message: Properties for
this information must be defined prior to use. Checked MS
Knowledge Base and it states to remove read only attribute
from .pst file. The read only attribute has no check mark
beside it.

Any help would be appreciated

Robert

Put a floppy disk in your desktop.

1. File
2. Import and Export
3. From Import and Export Wizard, choose "Export to a file"
4. Click "Next" button
5. Choose "Personal Folder File (.pst)
6. Click "Next" button
7. From the Export Personal Folders wizard, select what you want to save
(e.g. "Personal Folders", or "Inbox") BE SURE to put a check in the box
"Include subfolders"
Click "Next" button
8. In "Save exported file as:" click the "Browse" button and browse to your
floppy disk
9. Click "Finish" button to save the *.pst file to floppy

Put the floppy in your laptop, and follow the above instructions, choosing
"Import" instead of "Export". Accept the default location for the imported
files. In the last step, under "Options" be sure to check "Replace
duplicates with items imported".

steve

"robert" <robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a computer and a laptop. I can access my personal
> folders on my computer but not on my laptop. I've done
> the following:
>
> 1) File > Open > Personal Folders File (.pst)
> 2) Locate .pst file on h drive and click ok
>
> Upon clicking ok, receive error message: Properties for
> this information must be defined prior to use. Checked MS
> Knowledge Base and it states to remove read only attribute
> from .pst file. The read only attribute has no check mark
> beside it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Robert

Robert

Thanks all

Robert:

You need to go to a dedicated Outlook newsgroup rather than a hardware
newsgroup.

Try one of these:

microsoft.public.outlook

microsoft.public.outlook.general