Windows Protection Error - Device VTD?

had a few problems rebuilding a pc from 2 old ones.
firstly it wouldnt boot up, now got passed that and it
boots. problem is it always prompts me to go into safe
mode.then displays message "while initializing device VTD:
windows protection error. you need to restart your
computer." so i do and it goes round in circles?
any help appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows protection error device

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Dave Aggiss" <thestig@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message:

    | had a few problems rebuilding a pc from 2 old ones.
    | firstly it wouldnt boot up, now got passed that and it
    | boots. problem is it always prompts me to go into safe
    | mode.then displays message "while initializing device VTD:
    | windows protection error. you need to restart your
    | computer." so i do and it goes round in circles?
    | any help appreciated.

Microsoft Devices Windows XP