Anyone here using it? When I use the nVidia LAN on my nForce4 board
(A8N-SLI Deluxe) and enable the nVidia firewall, I can't reach the site:
http://www.postbank.nl/
even using the 'off' setting on the firewall doesnt help. Switching to
the other LAN chip on the board (for which the nVidia firewall doesn't
work) solves the problem.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Centurion

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

RJT wrote:

> Anyone here using it? When I use the nVidia LAN on my nForce4 board
> (A8N-SLI Deluxe) and enable the nVidia firewall, I can't reach the site:
> http://www.postbank.nl/
> even using the 'off' setting on the firewall doesnt help. Switching to
> the other LAN chip on the board (for which the nVidia firewall doesn't
> work) solves the problem.
>
> Anyone else having similar problems?

What does a trace-route tell you?

Windows: "tracert www.postbank.nl"
Unix/Linux: "traceroute www.postbank.nl"
(without the "").

Could be an intermediate carrier not routing properly. Could be a DNS
failure, could be a number of things. Just saying "can't reach this site"
means very little. Please read:

Cheers,

James
--
.... If forced to travel on an airplane, try and get in the cabin with
the Captain, so you can keep an eye on him and nudge him if he falls