why does my wireless network keep disconnecting?

i finally got my wireless network up and running, ICS and everythng.

i am using windows xp pro on all machines, however the ICS server machine's
wireless network card keeps getting disconnected and i always have to use th
repair option.

can somebody tell me why is this happeningand how it can be fixed?
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless network disconnecting

    could it be interference? weak signal?
    there are many things that use 2.4GHz.
    try changing channel

    WZC also trys to update itself in terms of best connection every so often.
    there are past threads on disabling this and using the makers drivers
    try that also.

    mike

    "Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i finally got my wireless network up and running, ICS and everythng.
    >
    > i am using windows xp pro on all machines, however the ICS server
    machine's
    > wireless network card keeps getting disconnected and i always have to use
    th
    > repair option.
    >
    > can somebody tell me why is this happeningand how it can be fixed?

  2. this worked for me, read up on it first

    start, run, type services.msc

    look for wireless zero configuration
    right click on it
    properties
    startup set to manual

    if you move around a lot you will have to reactivate tis to connect to different networks. I use a desktop so it's not an issue for me

    i think microsoft set wireless connections to always look for a stronger signal so it disconnects from yours and tries to connect to a different one even though its secured and not yours. stupid if you ask me

Wireless Wireless Network Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking