why does my wireless network keep disconnecting?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
January 14, 2005 11:03:05 PM

i finally got my wireless network up and running, ICS and everythng.

i am using windows xp pro on all machines, however the ICS server machine's
wireless network card keeps getting disconnected and i always have to use th
repair option.

can somebody tell me why is this happeningand how it can be fixed?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 15, 2005 4:19:56 AM

could it be interference? weak signal?
there are many things that use 2.4GHz.
try changing channel

WZC also trys to update itself in terms of best connection every so often.
there are past threads on disabling this and using the makers drivers
try that also.

mike

"Taquin Noel" <taquinnoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i finally got my wireless network up and running, ICS and everythng.
>
> i am using windows xp pro on all machines, however the ICS server
machine's
> wireless network card keeps getting disconnected and i always have to use
th
> repair option.
>
> can somebody tell me why is this happeningand how it can be fixed?

January 16, 2010 12:12:54 PM

this worked for me, read up on it first

start, run, type services.msc

look for wireless zero configuration
right click on it
properties
startup set to manual

if you move around a lot you will have to reactivate tis to connect to different networks. I use a desktop so it's not an issue for me

i think microsoft set wireless connections to always look for a stronger signal so it disconnects from yours and tries to connect to a different one even though its secured and not yours. stupid if you ask me
!