Athlon XP 2500+ 333mhz for A7V8X-X ???

Howdy

I have a system with a Duron 1300 installed on
an A7V8X-X mobo.

I'd like to upgrade it. I'm leaning towards the
above-named processor, AMD part designation
AXDA2500BOX.

Anyone have experience with this processor
on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.

tia

-- stan

"Stanley Krute" <Stan@StanKrute.com> wrote in message

> Anyone have experience with this processor
> on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
> speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.

I have this board with an Athlon 2800 XP, and it has run beautifully for
nearly a year.

Matt C

HPLeft wrote:

> "Stanley Krute" <Stan@StanKrute.com> wrote in message
>

>>Anyone have experience with this processor
>>on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
>>speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.
>

> I have this board with an Athlon 2800 XP, and it has run beautifully for
> nearly a year.
>
> Matt C

I've built several systems with the AthlonXP 2500+ and the A7V8X-X. They
are fast, stable, and reliable.

David

Thanks Matt and David for the excellent info.

Found it in boxed version for $120 delivered price, seems like
a performance steal.

-- stan

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"HPLeft" <nospam@hp.com> wrote in message

> "Stanley Krute" <Stan@StanKrute.com> wrote in message
>
>> Anyone have experience with this processor
>> on this board ? I'm interested in stability first,
>> speed second, and won't be doing any overclocking.
>
> I have this board with an Athlon 2800 XP, and it has run beautifully for
> nearly a year.
>
> Matt C

Another option ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overview.htm
I have built 3 computers with this same motherboard and the
AMD 2500 Barton 333 CPU
Very stable, fast and ton features on motherboard.

Steve

Hi Steve

> Another option ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
> http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overview.htm
> I have built 3 computers with this same motherboard and the
> AMD 2500 Barton 333 CPU
> Very stable, fast and ton features on motherboard.

Thanks for the info. I've got the one A7V8X-X system to
upgrade, but after that I'm looking for a nice low-cost
board to use in systems whose parts cost can be kept
to $600.

The A7N8X-E looks like a nice board. And gettable
for around $100 delivered from ZipZoomFly or NewEgg.

Any have experiential thoughts on the nVidia chipset versus the VIA ?

-- stan

Stanley Krute wrote:
> Hi Steve
>

>>Another option ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
>>http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overview.htm
>>I have built 3 computers with this same motherboard and the
>>AMD 2500 Barton 333 CPU
>>Very stable, fast and ton features on motherboard.
>

> Thanks for the info. I've got the one A7V8X-X system to
> upgrade, but after that I'm looking for a nice low-cost
> board to use in systems whose parts cost can be kept
> to $600.
>
> The A7N8X-E looks like a nice board. And gettable
> for around $100 delivered from ZipZoomFly or NewEgg.
>
> Any have experiential thoughts on the nVidia chipset versus the VIA ?
>
> -- stan

If you're trying to keep costs down, stick with the A7V8X-X, which is
available in the $55-$60 range. The Via chipset may not have quite the
performance of the nVidia, but it is rock-solid stable.

David