net-sharing on sec HD

Malu

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
CPU/Ram: 1.2 GHz/256MB

Hey,
I have two Harddrives on my computer with two partitions on each. When sharing a folder on either of the partitions on the HD my OS is installed on, everything works fine. However when sharing a folder on either of the partitions on my secondary HD, the file is "not accessible".
I would like to know how I can use my admin password to connect from another computer (with XP pro) to connect. I tried mapping the network drive and using another , but it always says I'm connected already (even though nothing is open) and I need to disconnect.

Anyway, the big question is: does anyone know why in the world the sharing doesn't work on one HD and it does on another? I set up the permissions exactly the same etc etc.

Thanks,
Malu

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Malu on 02/03/03 04:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

casiowatch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2002
I'm not really sure of what your question asks, but for simple file sharing i think i can help for WinXP.

Go into an window then go to Tools->Folder Options->View, scroll down to the bottom. And click on "Use Simple File sharing [recommended]". Now try sharing a folder, it should give you a better interface and you don't have to set permissions to who can access the folder; only can turn it on and off ( much easier ).

-----
<b>My Mentor: <A HREF="http://www.mchawking.com" target="_new">Stephen Hawkings</A></b>