Sign in with
Your question

Wisconsin Election

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
June 8, 2012 3:02:08 AM

Do you think Walker won this recall election without the help of the rich who backed him up?

More about : wisconsin election

June 8, 2012 4:02:36 AM

This is a great sign for a possibly positive outcome in the November election. Wisconsin has shown trends of being a major swing state in recent decades which gives it a more or less fair (er) representation of the country as a whole. If walker survived this recall, it's a good sign that the country is finally waking up and getting tired of the incompetency currently in the federal government.

I think he would have. The amount of money that the Unions got/raised/have and couldn't persuade the people to vote for them shows that he could have.

Overall, I'm very happy he won! Its a victory for the United States.
June 8, 2012 4:55:06 AM

Since the year 2000, George Soros alone has contributed over a billion dollars to the left in various things and various ways
Having said that, if there was influence here, he still would have won, as he won larger this time than last.
Now, thats the most by anyone or any group in history, and more than what the right has done combined, 1 billion.
I heard it now being called a special election, since the media doesnt want to call it what it was, a recall, as that would infer the loss taken in Wisconsin
Related resources
June 8, 2012 12:13:07 PM

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/06/wisconsin-walke...

Signs do point towards this Walker fellow as having received 2/3 of his money from outside of the state he was running in. While Barret only received a 1/4 of his 4 million from outside of the state.

walker spent 88% of the money to get 53% of the vote.

Im curious as to how this works.... if you play an attack ad often enough do voters come to believe it?
June 8, 2012 1:07:00 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Walker's ads were overwhelmingly postitive. All he had to do was run on his record. He created a budget surplus, and no public employee lost their job.

The negative attack ads came from the left and the unions.

Even with a voter turnout of 119% in Madison, yes you read that right 119%, he still won by a good margin.

There were also the victories in California that the state run media is not even talking about.

*faceplam* You do know where the 119% voter turnout came from right? I want to hear your point of view though...

What, Oldman, does 119% voter turnout percents mean?
June 8, 2012 1:40:16 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Well, 100% means everyone who is registered voted.

So, what do you think 119% turnout means? Are you saying the fraud came form Walker supporters? In Madison? You do know that Madison, Wisconsin is the Moscow of the United States, right?

No what Im saying is that in Wisconsin you can register to vote the same day, so if 100 people registered to vote and and an additional 19 people showed up that equals a 119% turnout.... so its not like a big liberal conspiracy.
June 8, 2012 2:13:24 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
No, that's not what it means. It means 119% of the population of Madison voted. Which is impossible unless you have people from outside of Madison, registering the same day, casting their vote, then being bused back to the state they are originally from. That's what it means.

lol that is not what it means..... Seriously, google it. lol

http://www.politico.com/blogs/charlie-mahtesian/2012/06...

June 8, 2012 2:28:35 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
My bad. I stand corrected.

Honestly I didnt know until I looked heavily into it, its cool.

I do find it kind of disconcerting that when researching about those numbers about 2/3 of the sites were still propagating this 119% turnout as total population.
June 8, 2012 4:51:57 PM

There were attack ads from both sides.
Walkers of course were about Barrets record, where the city of Milwaukee has done poorly financially compared to the rest of the state contrasted against Walkers record.
If thats negative, then yes, there were some, the tone was negative.

But, looking at Obamas negative ads, whoever is launching them, it seems to be backfiring, so I dont believe it works, unless theres a lot of truth in them, the person launching them is on firm ground and to be believed beyond reproach, and an informed public
June 8, 2012 5:00:38 PM

Obama is still going to win ... the right wingers will frighten the poor, weak and even the lower middle class into voting for him ... just with their rhetoric.

All he has to do is smile and tough it out.

Sadly I think the republicans actually have the right idea in terms of bringing down the debt a lot quicker but that kind of approach is hard to sell.

Oldmangamer is probably going to print my post, laminate it and put it on his toilet wall too ... <sigh>.
June 8, 2012 5:22:00 PM

San Jose isnt a rightist city by any stretch.
This, and certain approaches taken by Obama are showing severe weaknesses that will be hard to change and win peoples hearts, which he needs.
He cant run on his record, there isnt one, as hes legislated not lead, and his ideas, many havnt worked, and those that might have have been subverted by others, mainly in his own party.
Hes losing it rey
June 8, 2012 5:26:51 PM

All the signs are there.
Wisconsin, Haight Ashbury of the mid west, too pro republican.
San Jose, about as far left of the country as you can get.
Big spending republicans losing to tea party reps
People out of the circle, no longer in politics, all not running the party line, and going against Obamas talking points, many ready to puke if they hear it again.

Obamas losing it
June 8, 2012 10:13:57 PM

Quote:

Obama is still going to win ... the right wingers will frighten the poor, weak and even the lower middle class into voting for him ... just with their rhetoric.

Precisely, the poor are frightened because they fear for their lives that they may be expected to actually WORK for their money instead of stealing it through taxes/handouts.

I completely understand.
June 9, 2012 3:20:39 AM

blackhawk1928 said:
This is a great sign for a possibly positive outcome in the November election. Wisconsin has shown trends of being a major swing state in recent decades which gives it a more or less fair (er) representation of the country as a whole. If walker survived this recall, it's a good sign that the country is finally waking up and getting tired of the incompetency currently in the federal government.

I think he would have. The amount of money that the Unions got/raised/have and couldn't persuade the people to vote for them shows that he could have.

Not to good a victory for the teachers and other labor unions.
June 9, 2012 3:58:07 AM

Ive had little experience with teachers in the work place, however, a friend of mine has alot, and shes said they hold themselves above others in many regards, now get this right, the good ones dont, its the bad ones that do, while some are just jerks and good teachers.
I personally believe it was the unions fault creating this attitude
June 9, 2012 4:23:23 AM

musical marv said:

Thats good...its a loss for the lazy and thieves. You want them to win? It doesn't get any more black and white than this. The issue of Unions has NO gray space in the middle. You either SUPPORT LAZYNESS and daylight robbery through taxes or you DON'T support it. Unions are important...the actual *ISSUE* is more complex, but the current *SITUATION* is a very simple matter of yes/no.
June 9, 2012 12:09:49 PM

Yeah well the US public school system is considered a joke here.

A high school diploma is about equal to Year 10 ... we go to Year 12 (equal to A levels in the UK or Matric / TAE / TEE / VCE here ... Secondary Graduation)

Year 10 is equal to GCSE / CSE. ...
June 9, 2012 4:04:41 PM

musical marv said:
Not to good a victory for the teachers and other public employee labor unions.

FIFU.

That is the key phrase. And if the PEU's are losing too much money, they, like me, can always vote with their feet and look for a better deal elsewhere.

How many have done that?

Yep. So few have. That should tell you something.
June 10, 2012 3:00:55 AM

jsc said:
FIFU.

That is the key phrase. And if the PEU's are losing too much money, they, like me, can always vote with their feet and look for a better deal elsewhere.

How many have done that?

Yep. So few have. That should tell you something.
It is not easy to get a job now a days as you know.
June 11, 2012 1:14:47 AM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Yeah, no public employees were laid off in Wisconsin and he was able to create a budget surplus. Scott Walker did that.
Yet walker to dissolve collective bargaining among these people.Not fair at all. They have workers rights also.
June 11, 2012 1:25:29 AM

Not working and getting paid is NOT one of those rights.
June 11, 2012 2:37:22 PM

musical marv said:
Do you think Walker won this recall election without the help of the rich who backed him up?

How did the rich turn out more to vote?

Each person had to go out and vote on their own.
June 11, 2012 2:45:37 PM

musical marv said:
IT will help every tax paying citizen in the State of Wisconsin, regardless of the income level.

musical marv said:
Depends on which side fo the bargaining table you are on.

musical marv said:
Yet Walker to dissolve collective bargaining among these people. Not fair at all. They have workers rights also.
Fairness has nothing to with it. Only children and fools cry, "Not fair!" when things do not go their way.

Bottom line is, public sector unions are paid out of the Municipal/State tax base. If there is less money being collected from said tax base, then logic dictates that the Unions must take a pay cut or loss of benefits.

June 11, 2012 3:42:33 PM

musical marv said:
Yet walker to dissolve collective bargaining among these people.Not fair at all. They have workers rights also.

He was voted in.. TWICE now to do what he campaigned to do. He is doing the will of the people. Not everyone is going to be happy but the majority won in this case. I would equate this to ObamaCare, something I am against but forced into at this time. When the legislation goes through to repeal ObamaCare, I will have to endure the outcome if it continues to succeed.
June 12, 2012 3:16:36 AM

riser said:
He was voted in.. TWICE now to do what he campaigned to do. He is doing the will of the people. Not everyone is going to be happy but the majority won in this case. I would equate this to ObamaCare, something I am against but forced into at this time. When the legislation goes through to repeal ObamaCare, I will have to endure the outcome if it continues to succeed.
It is pathetic that a rich country like the U.S. really does not have a good health program for out citizens.Obama had a least tried to introduce some kind of health program for the poor, middle class and the elderly.
June 12, 2012 12:26:15 PM

Why do we need a health program? Because people do not educate themselves on proper eating and exercise? At what point is the government overstepping and taking control of the individual's rights?
June 12, 2012 12:33:02 PM

I still have to pay for fat people to get healthcare that's why.

If you live a lifestyle that puts you in medical risk that's your fault but that person doesn't bare all of the burden.You and me have to pay for it in emergency visits. It would be much sadder to say if hospitals weren't helping people because they weren't insured / didn't have enough money to pay for coverage.

It would create new industries in body removal from hospital parking lots.... note to self...

Besides in the freest possibly society you would think that healthcare would be as accessible as possible, everybody gets sick, and its not good practive to make money off of sick people.
June 12, 2012 1:58:33 PM

Everyone can go outside and walk, exercise for free as well. They don't. So we have to provide a paid service because of what they don't do?
June 12, 2012 2:05:13 PM

Well, take away their large soft drinks, take away their salt, but hey, free donuts on donut day
June 12, 2012 2:25:24 PM

If a sick uninsured person goes to the hospital should they treat him?
June 12, 2012 4:10:10 PM

musical marv said:
It is pathetic that a rich country like the U.S. really does not have a good health program for out citizens.Obama had a least tried to introduce some kind of health program for the poor, middle class and the elderly.
Marv, Marv, Marv...it is that very line of warped logic that has systematically removed any sense of personal responsibility from the American conscience over the past 90 years. It is the typical democrat/progressive logic that those who have should be forced and/or coerced to pay for those who do not or choose not to do for themselves. And, please, Obama deserves no credit whatsoever. Obama did not do anything other than given a wink to Pelosi and Reid to dust off the same old tired health care legislation left over from 1992 when Bill Clinton tried to inject Hillary as the health care champion of America.

Talk to anyone in Canada, England, or another country with existing government run health care and you will then truly realize that America does have the best health care system. When Saudi King Abdullah, a man with all the money in the world and who can seek medical treatment anywhere in the world, comes to America for his medical tests, you can not tell me that the American health care system stinks.

Truly though Marv, what is the most pathetic is the typical democrat/progressive logic that at the same time claims America's health care system is the worst but then wants to extend the same health care system to the whole of the people. Rather than have the cojones to just come out and say they want to implement socialized medicine in America, the typical democrat/progressive tactic is to slam the existing system as broken, that it can only be fixed by more government regulation, and that the democrats and progressives are the only ones who are smart enough to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against providing a form of health care coverage for those who are uninsured or unemployed. But that need does not automatically dictate the solution of an over-reaching bloated government bureaucracy.
June 12, 2012 5:35:22 PM

If you perceive the poor as victims, then everyone elses monies forfeit.
While it may be true there is some injustices in this world, no where like the US are they the least, and opportunities still the greatest
June 13, 2012 3:03:39 AM

chunkymonster said:
Marv, Marv, Marv...it is that very line of warped logic that has systematically removed any sense of personal responsibility from the American conscience over the past 90 years. It is the typical democrat/progressive logic that those who have should be forced and/or coerced to pay for those who do not or choose not to do for themselves. And, please, Obama deserves no credit whatsoever. Obama did not do anything other than given a wink to Pelosi and Reid to dust off the same old tired health care legislation left over from 1992 when Bill Clinton tried to inject Hillary as the health care champion of America.

Talk to anyone in Canada, England, or another country with existing government run health care and you will then truly realize that America does have the best health care system. When Saudi King Abdullah, a man with all the money in the world and who can seek medical treatment anywhere in the world, comes to America for his medical tests, you can not tell me that the American health care system stinks.

Truly though Marv, what is the most pathetic is the typical democrat/progressive logic that at the same time claims America's health care system is the worst but then wants to extend the same health care system to the whole of the people. Rather than have the cojones to just come out and say they want to implement socialized medicine in America, the typical democrat/progressive tactic is to slam the existing system as broken, that it can only be fixed by more government regulation, and that the democrats and progressives are the only ones who are smart enough to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against providing a form of health care coverage for those who are uninsured or unemployed. But that need does not automatically dictate the solution of an over-reaching bloated government bureaucracy.
If this system is so great why is so dam expensive when people can hardly go to a doctor any longer.The dam conservative has no new concepts at all. The same crap as always do nothing!
June 13, 2012 12:16:42 PM

I went to the doctor with bronchitis during a 3 month time frame that I did not have insurance.

It was still cheaper than my monthly cell phone bill.
June 13, 2012 3:47:01 PM

You people are tough on the poor.

I suppose you get a bit blase about the topic when there are so many of them on the streets ... after a while I guess you don't see them as people.

Then its easier to start thinking about bundling them all up into camps.

Maybe sterilising them?

Then that rockafella guy comes to mind eh?

So much easier to manage things when it is all neat and tidy.

A few bad books and extremist Republican ideas start to come to mind ... ideas that guy with the funny moustache had.

Scary eh?

June 14, 2012 2:57:10 AM

riser said:
I went to the doctor with bronchitis during a 3 month time frame that I did not have insurance.

It was still cheaper than my monthly cell phone bill.
Maybe your doctor has cheaper rates than other doctors.
June 14, 2012 1:32:12 PM

musical marv said:
Maybe your doctor has cheaper rates than other doctors.

You are suggesting that the 'poor' are going to higher priced doctors? Well, I would argue that is why I am not poor and still in good health.
June 15, 2012 2:31:57 AM

riser said:
You are suggesting that the 'poor' are going to higher priced doctors? Well, I would argue that is why I am not poor and still in good health.
I never said you are poor.I am glad you are in good health.That is good for you.
January 24, 2014 4:37:53 PM

blackhawk1928 said:

It is a loss for the union employees in this state.I feel sorry for them.
January 25, 2014 5:12:06 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
San Jose isnt a rightist city by any stretch.
This, and certain approaches taken by Obama are showing severe weaknesses that will be hard to change and win peoples hearts, which he needs.
He cant run on his record, there isnt one, as hes legislated not lead, and his ideas, many havnt worked, and those that might have have been subverted by others, mainly in his own party.
Hes losing it rey
Why blame Obama on everything !

!