a7n8xe slow when ide drive added

Hi,

New to this group

I have recently got raid 0 working on an a7n8xe deluxe board. My problem is
when I added an ide storage drive everything slowed down to ide speeds or
slower.

Any ideas? I think it is a bios setting problem as I cannot stop the BIOS
detecting the ide drive as the primary drive.

My BIOS version is 1010.

Thanks

Peter
1 answer Last reply
More about a7n8xe slow drive added

    "user1092" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > New to this group
    >
    > I have recently got raid 0 working on an a7n8xe deluxe board.
    > My problem is
    > when I added an ide storage drive everything slowed down to
    > ide speeds or
    > slower.
    >
    > Any ideas? I think it is a bios setting problem as I cannot
    > stop the BIOS
    > detecting the ide drive as the primary drive.
    >
    > My BIOS version is 1010.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter

    Hi
    In BIOS set first boot to SCSI and than set boot SCSI as RAID. It
    could resolve the problem with choosing the primary HDD.
    :D
    I dont know how to resolve your problem with slowering down, maybe try
    to flash to BIOS 1012 (www.asus.com)
    in any case flash to BIOS 1012.
    By :D
    Arail