Cannot access bios setup for SK8N MB

I have just installed a SK8N MB and after starting it up when the main
start screen opened with the Del to enter bios setup it did not take me
there. Instead I was directed to the next screen which detected RAID
devices of which there were none as well as that bios not installed.

The options below this were F1 and F2. Using F2 to continue startup
would take me to the OS system start with no problems at all. So the
bios must be installed and running at default settings.

Upon reboot and using the del again to get into the bios setup the same
sequence of events occures.

I have updated the bios to the latest version 1007, which installed with
no problem, with no change in the problem.

Any sugestions?

JM

"Dale" <denhoff@lycos.com> wrote in message
> I have just installed a SK8N MB and after starting it up when the main
> start screen opened with the Del to enter bios setup it did not take me
> there. Instead I was directed to the next screen which detected RAID
> devices of which there were none as well as that bios not installed.

I'm sure you've probably tried a few different ways, but sometimes I have to
try 3 or 4 times to get into the bios on my A7N8X.. It seems to depend on
when you start pressing "del" and how many times you press it. It would be
nice if it would let you know when it's recognized your key press. I also
have a *very* hard time getting into the onboard flash utility (ctrl-F2 or
alt-F2 I think), it only works maybe 1/3 of the time, although the last time
I needed to use it, I seemed to have better luck by pressing Alt and F2 in
quick succession rather than holding Alt and then pressing F2.

Hope this helps!

hold down ctrl at bootup

works sometimes

Ginchy wrote:
> hold down ctrl at bootup
>
> works sometimes
>
> "JM" <jmsn@ns.ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
>>"Dale" <denhoff@lycos.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have just installed a SK8N MB and after starting it up when the main
>>>start screen opened with the Del to enter bios setup it did not take me
>>>there. Instead I was directed to the next screen which detected RAID
>>>devices of which there were none as well as that bios not installed.
>>
>>I'm sure you've probably tried a few different ways, but sometimes I have

>>try 3 or 4 times to get into the bios on my A7N8X.. It seems to depend on
>>when you start pressing "del" and how many times you press it. It would
>
> be
>
>>nice if it would let you know when it's recognized your key press. I also
>>have a *very* hard time getting into the onboard flash utility (ctrl-F2 or
>>alt-F2 I think), it only works maybe 1/3 of the time, although the last
>
> time
>
>>I needed to use it, I seemed to have better luck by pressing Alt and F2 in
>>quick succession rather than holding Alt and then pressing F2.
>>
>>Hope this helps!

Using info gathered from another group I found that switching polarity
on the pwr switch plug I got the bios to go to the device detection
screen. It did indeed detect all the hardware and left me the F1 and F2
options. The F1 option to go to bios setup opened a screen with waiting
in the middle. I left this for up to 20 min. with no change. Using the
F2 option to go continue using default setting took me to the OS with no
problems.

I would like to get into the settings area to make a few changes so any
further assistance would be greatly appreciated.