Asus cuscl2 rev 1.02

Hi
I am now using a Quantum Fireball P Lm 15 , a 15GB Hard disk. I want to
change it to a ATA 80GB 7200 rpm Hard disk.
Will the Motherboard and Bios support it.?
My present Bios is:
Bios Type: Award Modular Bios v 6.0
Bios ID : 06/21/2000-l815-CUSL2-00
OEM Sign-On: ASUS CUSL2 ACPI BIOS Revision 1001.A

Processor is : P3 800EB
O/S : Windows XP Sp 2

Thank You

Karu
My email : urak@tm.net.my

Paul

Splendid

In article <41ea1eac_1@news.tm.net.my>, "Urak" <uraks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I am now using a Quantum Fireball P Lm 15 , a 15GB Hard disk. I want to
> change it to a ATA 80GB 7200 rpm Hard disk.
> Will the Motherboard and Bios support it.?
> My present Bios is:
> Bios Type: Award Modular Bios v 6.0
> Bios ID : 06/21/2000-l815-CUSL2-00
> OEM Sign-On: ASUS CUSL2 ACPI BIOS Revision 1001.A
>
> Processor is : P3 800EB
> O/S : Windows XP Sp 2
>
> Thank You
>
> Karu
> My email : urak@tm.net.my

http://www.asus.it/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx

"CUSL2/TUSL2 Series Yes BIOS >= 1012.001"

http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=CUSL2&Type=All

Click "BIOS"
Click "Beta"
Download the 1014.001 BIOS for your board. There are two
versions, one for motherboards with an audio chip and one
for motherboards without an audio chip.

Flashing this BIOS should allow disks larger than 128GB
to be used.

Paul

Thanks paul
what will ..the existing bios .. support ...up to how many GB?

thanks