Laptop and PDA cannot ping each other on network

I have a wireless home network set up using a Netcomm NB5580W adsl
modem/router.

Unfortunately my laptop (XP Pro SP2) and PDA (Windows 2003) cannot see each
other but can both access the internet. They both connect wirelessly using
WPA-PSK, are assigned static IPs and the sub-net masks are the same. And yes,
the Windows XP firewall is turned off.

Any ideas why they cannot ping each other? It is very frustrating.

Thanks

Matt
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop ping network

    Firewall?

    "Mattman" wrote:
    > I have a wireless home network set up using a Netcomm NB5580W adsl
    > modem/router.
    >
    > Unfortunately my laptop (XP Pro SP2) and PDA (Windows 2003) cannot see each
    > other but can both access the internet. They both connect wirelessly using
    > WPA-PSK, are assigned static IPs and the sub-net masks are the same. And yes,
    > the Windows XP firewall is turned off.
    >
    > Any ideas why they cannot ping each other? It is very frustrating.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Matt

    The firewall is absolutely, definitely turned OFF.

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > Firewall?
    >
    > "Mattman" wrote:
    > > I have a wireless home network set up using a Netcomm NB5580W adsl
    > > modem/router.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately my laptop (XP Pro SP2) and PDA (Windows 2003) cannot see each
    > > other but can both access the internet. They both connect wirelessly using
    > > WPA-PSK, are assigned static IPs and the sub-net masks are the same. And yes,
    > > the Windows XP firewall is turned off.
    > >
    > > Any ideas why they cannot ping each other? It is very frustrating.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Matt

Wireless Laptops Wireless Networking