Laptop and PDA cannot ping each other on network

Mattman

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

I have a wireless home network set up using a Netcomm NB5580W adsl
modem/router.

Unfortunately my laptop (XP Pro SP2) and PDA (Windows 2003) cannot see each
other but can both access the internet. They both connect wirelessly using
WPA-PSK, are assigned static IPs and the sub-net masks are the same. And yes,
the Windows XP firewall is turned off.

Any ideas why they cannot ping each other? It is very frustrating.

Thanks

Matt

Firewall?

"Mattman" wrote:
> I have a wireless home network set up using a Netcomm NB5580W adsl
> modem/router.
>
> Unfortunately my laptop (XP Pro SP2) and PDA (Windows 2003) cannot see each
> other but can both access the internet. They both connect wirelessly using
> WPA-PSK, are assigned static IPs and the sub-net masks are the same. And yes,
> the Windows XP firewall is turned off.
>
> Any ideas why they cannot ping each other? It is very frustrating.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

Mattman

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

The firewall is absolutely, definitely turned OFF.