Laptop and PDA cannot ping each other on network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
January 14, 2005 7:55:02 PM

I have a wireless home network set up using a Netcomm NB5580W adsl
modem/router.

Unfortunately my laptop (XP Pro SP2) and PDA (Windows 2003) cannot see each
other but can both access the internet. They both connect wirelessly using
WPA-PSK, are assigned static IPs and the sub-net masks are the same. And yes,
the Windows XP firewall is turned off.

Any ideas why they cannot ping each other? It is very frustrating.

Thanks

Matt
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
January 16, 2005 11:53:03 AM

Firewall?

"Mattman" wrote:
> I have a wireless home network set up using a Netcomm NB5580W adsl
> modem/router.
>
> Unfortunately my laptop (XP Pro SP2) and PDA (Windows 2003) cannot see each
> other but can both access the internet. They both connect wirelessly using
> WPA-PSK, are assigned static IPs and the sub-net masks are the same. And yes,
> the Windows XP firewall is turned off.
>
> Any ideas why they cannot ping each other? It is very frustrating.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt
January 16, 2005 7:49:02 PM

The firewall is absolutely, definitely turned OFF.

!