A7V600-x with old PC100 memory

Last response: in Motherboards
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2005 7:53:06 AM

Can I use my old PC100 memory on A7V600-x mobo?

More about : a7v600 pc100 memory

Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2005 4:26:41 PM

"RioBORG" <rioborg@brfree.com.br> wrote in message
> Can I use my old PC100 memory on A7V600-x mobo?
No.
It uses (and requires) DDR memory.
It is a bit like asking 'can I use my bicycle pedals on this car'. The
bandwidth limitations of such memory, would make it pointless to upgrade
to the board.

Best Wishes
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2005 10:50:47 AM

memory should be matched to processor AMD provides a list of acceptable
memory. The old memory will just be a fond memory.
!