WANTED: ASUS CUV4X-DLS

Hello --

I was in the process of upgrading my system (to cope with
SpamAssassin, and compiling KDE 3.3.x!!!), and I purchased two
Pentium III-S 1.4GHz Tualatin processors, with adapters to fit into a
non-FCPGA2 board. Then I found out that my ABIT VP6 will only
support this processor/adapter combination in a uniprocessor
configuration...:-(

Then I found out that the CUV4X-D family is fully compatible with the
Tualatins (with adapters). I want to stay dually, but I can't afford
Xeons or Opterons.

If anyone has one of these boards that they no longer want (preferably
the -DLS), please let me know. I am based in the U.K.

Thanks & best regards,

Rohan Beckles
rohan.beckles@virgin.net
--
"No greater love hath a man, than he lay down his
life for his brother.  Not for millions.  Not for

"Rohan Beckles" <rohan.beckles@virgin.net> wrote in message
Hello --

I was in the process of upgrading my system (to cope with
SpamAssassin, and compiling KDE 3.3.x!!!), and I purchased two
Pentium III-S 1.4GHz Tualatin processors, with adapters to fit into a
non-FCPGA2 board. Then I found out that my ABIT VP6 will only
support this processor/adapter combination in a uniprocessor
configuration...:-(

Then I found out that the CUV4X-D family is fully compatible with the
Tualatins (with adapters). I want to stay dually, but I can't afford
Xeons or Opterons.

I have a pair of CUV4X-D and they are excellent boards. They are not
tualatin ready as you know. I also have a pair of Gigabyte 6VTXD and ACORP
EDP-D (all dualies). I recommend the gigabyte 6VTXD over the asus and you
can use the tualatins without the adapter. Note that if you use an adapter
you are limited in your choice of HS as you might snap off a socket tab due
to the adapter thickness raising the tualatin up above the socket. This is
in addition to the heat spreader that also adds to the height. One just
sold recently on ebay for $85, not sure if it was the raid version. I have
both the raid and non-raid. All my systems are in use but I am building a
dual xp system up using a cheap K7D Master and modded XP's. I am planning
on selling my 2x700 P3 and one of the ACORP boards as the dual xp is going
in that case.

The Gigabyte 6VTXD is very similar to the asus in that you can set the FSB.
They also have automatic temp shutdown if the chip overheats which the asus
is missing. I had been watching those 1.4ghz tualatins on ebay but they
cost too much for what I would use them for (seti).

...good luck..

That's a very nice board, we had about 20 of them for development
servers, but I've not seen any in 2 years.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

In article <10um9hlogbmuqaa@corp.supernews.com>,
joestateson@grandecom.net says...
> I want to stay dually, but I can't afford
> Xeons or Opterons.

The ASUS PC-DL Deluxe motherboard is under $200 and cheap Xeon's are
about $240 each. They actually scream on 2003.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

Thanbks for your reply. I tried emailing you to continue the
conversation, but my email bounced back. Could you email me so that
I can continue this further? Thanks & much appreciated.

Best,

Rohan
rohan.beckles@virgin.net