Per-to-Per is OK but no ICS

Hi. I find it imposible to go in to the Internet with my Laptop. The PC
(Windows XP Pro)
has a Cableinternet and a PCI WLAN card (802-11b)11 Mbit. Laptop (Windows XP
Home) has PCMCIA 802.11b same Producer
A can see the "Internet Conection at PC (Internet Gateway)" at the
Laptop and a can get to the Files at the PC from laptop (works also the
other way to).
But there ist no Internetconection with the Laptop.

Please Helpme? It worked once, but a had to install a new HDD after a
MBR Brakedown. I decided to leave the failed HDD as second HDD,
therefore neede to install Windows XP Pro again.

Cecil Koehling
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    http://www.ezlan.net/
    peter
    "Jens Mander" <jemand@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I find it imposible to go in to the Internet with my Laptop. The PC
    > (Windows XP Pro)
    > has a Cableinternet and a PCI WLAN card (802-11b)11 Mbit. Laptop (Windows XP
    > Home) has PCMCIA 802.11b same Producer
    > A can see the "Internet Conection at PC (Internet Gateway)" at the
    > Laptop and a can get to the Files at the PC from laptop (works also the
    > other way to).
    > But there ist no Internetconection with the Laptop.
    >
    > Please Helpme? It worked once, but a had to install a new HDD after a
    > MBR Brakedown. I decided to leave the failed HDD as second HDD,
    > therefore neede to install Windows XP Pro again.
    >
    > Cecil Koehling

    Thanks

    "peter" <pete121@telus.net.cam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > http://www.ezlan.net/
    > peter
    > "Jens Mander" <jemand@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I find it imposible to go in to the Internet with my Laptop. The PC
    > > (Windows XP Pro)
    > > has a Cableinternet and a PCI WLAN card (802-11b)11 Mbit. Laptop
    (Windows XP
    > > Home) has PCMCIA 802.11b same Producer
    > > A can see the "Internet Conection at PC (Internet Gateway)" at the
    > > Laptop and a can get to the Files at the PC from laptop (works also the
    > > other way to).
    > > But there ist no Internetconection with the Laptop.
    > >
    > > Please Helpme? It worked once, but a had to install a new HDD after a
    > > MBR Brakedown. I decided to leave the failed HDD as second HDD,
    > > therefore neede to install Windows XP Pro again.
    > >
    > > Cecil Koehling

    That was jo Help, but Thanks.....

    "peter" <pete121@telus.net.cam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > http://www.ezlan.net/
    > peter
    > "Jens Mander" <jemand@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I find it imposible to go in to the Internet with my Laptop. The PC
    > > (Windows XP Pro)
    > > has a Cableinternet and a PCI WLAN card (802-11b)11 Mbit. Laptop
    (Windows XP
    > > Home) has PCMCIA 802.11b same Producer
    > > A can see the "Internet Conection at PC (Internet Gateway)" at the
    > > Laptop and a can get to the Files at the PC from laptop (works also the
    > > other way to).
    > > But there ist no Internetconection with the Laptop.
    > >
    > > Please Helpme? It worked once, but a had to install a new HDD after a
    > > MBR Brakedown. I decided to leave the failed HDD as second HDD,
    > > therefore neede to install Windows XP Pro again.
    > >
    > > Cecil Koehling

    A $20 router can make your life so much easier...

    Carey

    "Jens Mander" <jemand@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I find it imposible to go in to the Internet with my Laptop. The PC
    > (Windows XP Pro)
    > has a Cableinternet and a PCI WLAN card (802-11b)11 Mbit. Laptop (Windows
    > XP
    > Home) has PCMCIA 802.11b same Producer
    > A can see the "Internet Conection at PC (Internet Gateway)" at the
    > Laptop and a can get to the Files at the PC from laptop (works also the
    > other way to).
    > But there ist no Internetconection with the Laptop.
    >
    > Please Helpme? It worked once, but a had to install a new HDD after a
    > MBR Brakedown. I decided to leave the failed HDD as second HDD,
    > therefore neede to install Windows XP Pro again.
    >
    > Cecil Koehling

Laptops Hard Drives Internet Wireless Networking