DVI output problem

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I recently bought an Iiyama ProLite E431S TFT monitor and I was using the DVI connection to connect it all up. I used this perfectly well for about 2-3 weeks when one day, after I had restarted Windows, the DVI output stopped working.

I checked over the cable connections etc. to check that it wasn't a loose connection but it was all fine, I have tried 2 different graphics cards and a new DVI cable but still no result.

I have been using the VGA connection fine since I have had this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions or know any Windows settings that can be looked at to try and solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

G

Try reinstalling the video card drivers or whatever you ended up
removing by restoring your computer. I would even try going back to the
restore point where it was still working.

----
Nathan McNulty

Simon Field wrote:
> I recently bought an Iiyama ProLite E431S TFT monitor and I was using the DVI connection to connect it all up. I used this perfectly well for about 2-3 weeks when one day, after I had restarted Windows, the DVI output stopped working.
>
> I checked over the cable connections etc. to check that it wasn't a loose connection but it was all fine, I have tried 2 different graphics cards and a new DVI cable but still no result.
>
> I have been using the VGA connection fine since I have had this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions or know any Windows settings that can be looked at to try and solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

G

I have tried a few sets of drivers and a card made by ATI rather than nVidia etc and still no response. I have decided it must be the port on the monitor that is having problems so I am getting a replacement.

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Try reinstalling the video card drivers or whatever you ended up
> removing by restoring your computer. I would even try going back to the
> restore point where it was still working.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>
>
> Simon Field wrote:
> > I recently bought an Iiyama ProLite E431S TFT monitor and I was using the DVI connection to connect it all up. I used this perfectly well for about 2-3 weeks when one day, after I had restarted Windows, the DVI output stopped working.
> >
> > I checked over the cable connections etc. to check that it wasn't a loose connection but it was all fine, I have tried 2 different graphics cards and a new DVI cable but still no result.
> >
> > I have been using the VGA connection fine since I have had this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions or know any Windows settings that can be looked at to try and solve this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>