DVI output problem

I recently bought an Iiyama ProLite E431S TFT monitor and I was using the DVI connection to connect it all up. I used this perfectly well for about 2-3 weeks when one day, after I had restarted Windows, the DVI output stopped working.

I checked over the cable connections etc. to check that it wasn't a loose connection but it was all fine, I have tried 2 different graphics cards and a new DVI cable but still no result.

I have been using the VGA connection fine since I have had this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions or know any Windows settings that can be looked at to try and solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Try reinstalling the video card drivers or whatever you ended up
removing by restoring your computer. I would even try going back to the
restore point where it was still working.

----
Nathan McNulty

Simon Field wrote:
> I recently bought an Iiyama ProLite E431S TFT monitor and I was using the DVI connection to connect it all up. I used this perfectly well for about 2-3 weeks when one day, after I had restarted Windows, the DVI output stopped working.
>
> I checked over the cable connections etc. to check that it wasn't a loose connection but it was all fine, I have tried 2 different graphics cards and a new DVI cable but still no result.
>
> I have been using the VGA connection fine since I have had this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions or know any Windows settings that can be looked at to try and solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have tried a few sets of drivers and a card made by ATI rather than nVidia etc and still no response. I have decided it must be the port on the monitor that is having problems so I am getting a replacement.