  • Printers
  • Windows XP
a b α HP
July 27, 2004 2:11:54 PM

I have recently bought the HP PSC 1317 All In One printer and connected to home pc - the printer is shutting down my PC. For example, if I switch on the printer, then switch on the pc, then switch off the printer, my pc shuts down - no error messages. If I leave the printer on, when it goes into 'sleep' mode, my pc shuts down - no error messages. When on, all printer functionality works fine.
HP Support have no idea. Any advice gratefully accepted.
The printer is connected via USB.

More about : baffled

Anonymous
a b α HP
July 27, 2004 7:23:04 PM

Take a look here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=374...

"TwelveMonkeys" <TwelveMonkeys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently bought the HP PSC 1317 All In One printer and connected to
home pc - the printer is shutting down my PC. For example, if I switch on
the printer, then switch on the pc, then switch off the printer, my pc shuts
down - no error messages. If I leave the printer on, when it goes into
'sleep' mode, my pc shuts down - no error messages. When on, all printer
functionality works fine.
> HP Support have no idea. Any advice gratefully accepted.
> The printer is connected via USB.
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 28, 2004 11:53:02 AM