System test/diagnostic/burnin software?

I'm building a new system - P4P800E deluxe, 3.0 G P4E, 2x512M RAM,
etc. Just realised my testing software (AMI Diag & CheckIt) are *old*
- 486 vintage. Any recommendations on alternative software for
current configurations? Freeware would be nice :)

Dave Gillingham

"Dave Gillingham" <dewg@private.optusnet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm building a new system - P4P800E deluxe, 3.0 G P4E, 2x512M RAM,
> etc. Just realised my testing software (AMI Diag & CheckIt) are *old*
> - 486 vintage. Any recommendations on alternative software for
> current configurations? Freeware would be nice :)
>
> Dave Gillingham
> To email me remove the .private from my email address.

http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de

http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Dave Gillingham" <dewg@private.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> I'm building a new system - P4P800E deluxe, 3.0 G P4E, 2x512M
> RAM,
> etc. Just realised my testing software (AMI Diag & CheckIt) are
> *old*
> - 486 vintage. Any recommendations on alternative software for
> current configurations? Freeware would be nice :)

These two are what you need now;

Memtest86 to test for memory problems that could potentially lead
to BSOD's and disk corruption (boots from cd or floppy).

Prime95 to test for system stability (runs in windows, linux etc.)

http://www.memtest86.com/
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm
Both freeware.

HTH

--
Ian

Tufftest is relatively cheap ($10) and tests many different aspects of
mobo. I've used it for years.
http://www.tufftest.com/

Docmem is a free memory tester. Other posterss mentioned memtest86
(which I like to use) and Prime95 and I agree with use of both.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Dave Gillingham" <dewg@private.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
| I'm building a new system - P4P800E deluxe, 3.0 G P4E, 2x512M RAM,
| etc. Just realised my testing software (AMI Diag & CheckIt) are
*old*
| - 486 vintage. Any recommendations on alternative software for
| current configurations? Freeware would be nice :)
|
| Dave Gillingham
| To email me remove the .private from my email address.

Thanks to all for your help.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:48:34 +1000, Dave Gillingham