code 12 not enough available resources

I have a new HP pavillion lap top that I tried to install 2 different wireless modems from Sprint PCS. I tried to free up as many resources as possible to no avail.The Laptop sees and identifies the modem but it looks for memory locations that are not available. The Microsoft tech site said that XP sp-1 would resolve this problem with an upgrade to pcmcia.sys. I have all the latest updates so I am lost at what to do. I am about ready to take the laptop back to circuit city. Please help!!!!

Did you try www.hp.com and look under Support.

creedx wrote:
> I have a new HP pavillion lap top that I tried to install 2 different
> wireless modems from Sprint PCS. I tried to free up as many resources
> as possible to no avail.The Laptop sees and identifies the modem but
> it looks for memory locations that are not available. The Microsoft
> tech site said that XP sp-1 would resolve this problem with an
> upgrade to pcmcia.sys. I have all the latest updates so I am lost at
> what to do. I am about ready to take the laptop back to circuit city.
> Please help!!!!

If it's a Sprint Modem, what about Sprint?