Emachine driver for CD-RW needed

I just added a CR-RW as a slave to my emachine T1742. It's an emachine CD-RW from a different machine. It installs with the same CD-ROM driver as the master CD-ROM, and I need a CD-RW driver, so I can burn. Any suggestions? I'm new to XP, having just this week moved from my old 266MHz Win98 PII dino'puter.

Thanks for your help.

You should not have to "install" any drivers to get basic functioning of the
drive. That is built into the OS. In order to get the full benefit of the
drive you will need to install a full software package such as Roxio EZCD
Creator or Nero.

Bobby

"SurferGurl" <SurferGurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just added a CR-RW as a slave to my emachine T1742. It's an emachine
>CD-RW from a different machine. It installs with the same CD-ROM driver as
>the master CD-ROM, and I need a CD-RW driver, so I can burn. Any
>suggestions? I'm new to XP, having just this week moved from my old 266MHz
>Win98 PII dino'puter.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Go to Control Panel>AdminTools>Services>IMAPI CD-Burning Com Service is
Started. Rt click and
select Start.
"SurferGurl" <SurferGurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just added a CR-RW as a slave to my emachine T1742. It's an emachine
CD-RW from a different machine. It installs with the same CD-ROM driver as
the master CD-ROM, and I need a CD-RW driver, so I can burn. Any
suggestions? I'm new to XP, having just this week moved from my old 266MHz
Win98 PII dino'puter.

> Thanks for your help.

He has basic drive capability as a CD-ROM. You might look up the other
machine on the emachines site and see if you can find the CD-RW driver.
Or look at the drive and see if you can identify it by manufacturers
nomenclature and try that way. You might also go to the Roxio web site
and look to see if the drive is support by EZCD Creator or Media
Creator. I suppose Nero has a similar list.