P4P800 Deluxe New Harddrive

sk

I have a P4p800 Deluxe with a WD120 gig HD with 2mg Cache and recently
purchased a WD 120 gig HD with 8mg Cache.

Can I simply install the new WD120 as the secondary, copy the contents of
the old WD 120 and then switch the new drive to primary? Or do I have to
reinstall everything on the new drive to take atvantage of the 8meg cache?

Thanks for your input!

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"SK" <stevek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a P4p800 Deluxe with a WD120 gig HD with 2mg Cache and recently
>purchased a WD 120 gig HD with 8mg Cache.
>
> Can I simply install the new WD120 as the secondary, copy the contents of
> the old WD 120 and then switch the new drive to primary? Or do I have to
> reinstall everything on the new drive to take atvantage of the 8meg cache?
>
> Thanks for your input!

Your new Western Digital hard drive should data lifeguard tools
software.
http://lnk.nu/wdc.custhelp.com/yr.php

Steve

You can copy the contents of any partition except C:. Use Ghost tomake an
image and reinstall the image on your new drive.

--
John Mitchell
spine@wlake.com