Wifi Card Control Centre and Windows XP

I have the Asus Wifi Card for my A7N8X-E Deluxe MB. Everything works
fine except for the fact the control centre will not work unless I am
logged into an account with adminstrative rights. I am running Windows
XP with the machine that has the Asus MB.

Any ideas?
Paul
6 answers Last reply
More about wifi card control centre windows

    How is the control center started? If it is via a program files / startup or
    registry key, then create a command file to use RunAs command to start the
    program for you as Admin. Use msconfig to find out.

    Unfortunately this will prompt for the password.

    Another alternative is to create a scheduled task to run after logon using
    admin credentials. Everytime you change the admin password, you will need to
    maintain this task so the recorded password is in sync. This is probably the
    best option.

    "Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have the Asus Wifi Card for my A7N8X-E Deluxe MB. Everything works
    > fine except for the fact the control centre will not work unless I am
    > logged into an account with adminstrative rights. I am running Windows
    > XP with the machine that has the Asus MB.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Paul

    The Control Centre is started from registry key.

    "Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The Control Centre is started from registry key.

    How is the registry key?

    are you clear on what to do know?

    "Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The Control Centre is started from registry key.
    >
    > Mercury wrote:
    >> How is the control center started? If it is via a program files / startup
    >> or registry key, then create a command file to use RunAs command to start
    >> the program for you as Admin. Use msconfig to find out.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately this will prompt for the password.
    >>
    >> Another alternative is to create a scheduled task to run after logon
    >> using admin credentials. Everytime you change the admin password, you
    >> will need to maintain this task so the recorded password is in sync. This
    >> is probably the best option.
    >>

    >> "Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have the Asus Wifi Card for my A7N8X-E Deluxe MB. Everything works
    >>>fine except for the fact the control centre will not work unless I am
    >>>logged into an account with adminstrative rights. I am running Windows
    >>>XP with the machine that has the Asus MB.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>>Paul

    I setup a scheduled task under the admin rights to load the Control
    Centre program at system start. This seems to have done the trick.

    Thanks,
    Paul

    Use 'sanur' It's not the best, but it'll help...

    I've got tron a various other apps running on limited account privileges

    Redbrick...who Loves his CLL

    In article <1106053221.939947.274850@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    corre_paul@hotmail.com says...

    >I have the Asus Wifi Card for my A7N8X-E Deluxe MB. Everything works
    >fine except for the fact the control centre will not work unless I am
    >logged into an account with adminstrative rights. I am running Windows
    >XP with the machine that has the Asus MB.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >Paul

Asus WiFi Windows XP Motherboards