Wifi Card Control Centre and Windows XP

I have the Asus Wifi Card for my A7N8X-E Deluxe MB. Everything works
fine except for the fact the control centre will not work unless I am
logged into an account with adminstrative rights. I am running Windows
XP with the machine that has the Asus MB.

Any ideas?
Paul

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

How is the control center started? If it is via a program files / startup or
registry key, then create a command file to use RunAs command to start the
program for you as Admin. Use msconfig to find out.

Unfortunately this will prompt for the password.

Another alternative is to create a scheduled task to run after logon using
admin credentials. Everytime you change the admin password, you will need to
maintain this task so the recorded password is in sync. This is probably the
best option.

"Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the Asus Wifi Card for my A7N8X-E Deluxe MB. Everything works
> fine except for the fact the control centre will not work unless I am
> logged into an account with adminstrative rights. I am running Windows
> XP with the machine that has the Asus MB.
>
> Any ideas?
> Paul

The Control Centre is started from registry key.

"Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> The Control Centre is started from registry key.

How is the registry key?

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

are you clear on what to do know?

"Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The Control Centre is started from registry key.
>
> Mercury wrote:
>> How is the control center started? If it is via a program files / startup
>> or registry key, then create a command file to use RunAs command to start
>> the program for you as Admin. Use msconfig to find out.
>>
>> Unfortunately this will prompt for the password.
>>
>> Another alternative is to create a scheduled task to run after logon
>> using admin credentials. Everytime you change the admin password, you
>> will need to maintain this task so the recorded password is in sync. This
>> is probably the best option.
>>

>> "Paul C" <corre_paul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have the Asus Wifi Card for my A7N8X-E Deluxe MB. Everything works
>>>fine except for the fact the control centre will not work unless I am
>>>logged into an account with adminstrative rights. I am running Windows
>>>XP with the machine that has the Asus MB.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>>Paul

I setup a scheduled task under the admin rights to load the Control
Centre program at system start. This seems to have done the trick.

Thanks,
Paul

redbrick

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Use 'sanur' It's not the best, but it'll help...

I've got tron a various other apps running on limited account privileges

Redbrick...who Loves his CLL

In article <1106053221.939947.274850@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
corre_paul@hotmail.com says...