MS wireless intellimouse kills screensaver

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My screensaver ceases to function when I hook up the
wireless mouse. Any clue whats going on here?? Windowsxp
operating system.

Haven't heard of that. Try uninstalling the mouse software, set your
screensaver to blank and click ok, now change it back to whatever you
had it as, and reinstall the mouse software. You can try rebooting
inbetween each step to see if that helps too. I'm thinking there is
more to it than your screensaver being killed by your wireless mouse.

----
Nathan McNulty

Harry wrote:
> My screensaver ceases to function when I hook up the
> wireless mouse. Any clue whats going on here?? Windowsxp
> operating system.

I have the same screensaver/power issue on my computer whenever I use my
Microsoft® Wireless Desktop Pro 2.0 with the USB ports of an Intel®
Desktop Board D915GAV.

If I were to plug the same Microsoft® Wireless Desktop Pro 2.0 into the
PS/2 ports of the Intel® Desktop Board D915GAV, the screensaver/power
settings perform as expected

When I used the Microsoft® Wireless Desktop Pro 2.0 on another computer
using the USB ports of an Asus CUSL2 motherboard, the screensaver/power
settings work properly.

These findings seem to indicate that there is a USB issue on the Intel®
Desktop Board D915GAV. I have recently opened a call with Intel over
this issue.

--
PatrickC

TRENDING THREADS