So - is there NO ONE who knows how to bypass this Epson "f..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 13, 2004 10:21:39 PM

Is there no way to put a brand new ink cartridge BACK into the Epson printer and get that
printer to PRINT?!
What an unbelievable scam!!!
Why would anyone buy an Epson???? (someone gave me this, used; apparently they didn't know
about this "feature".)
Brad
PS I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but it
didn't fix the problem.
Surely there is a way to bypass it in the hardware????

More about : bypass epson

May 14, 2004 12:08:02 AM

Well, my photo 1280 let me put remove and replace a partially used black
cartridge with no problems at all. It seems mine works quite well.

Perhaps your printer is broken?

Jim
May 14, 2004 5:53:02 PM

Jim wrote:

> Well, my photo 1280 let me put remove and replace a partially used black
> cartridge with no problems at all. It seems mine works quite well.
>
> Perhaps your printer is broken?
>
> Jim

Agree you can r&r cartridges and they still work. It does that in my
1270 and a friends 1290 that I am aware of.
May 15, 2004 2:58:01 AM

Brad wrote:
> Is there no way to put a brand new ink cartridge BACK into the Epson printer and get that
> printer to PRINT?!
Have you tried removing and replacing the cartridge only while the
printer is unplugged?

> What an unbelievable scam!!!
> Why would anyone buy an Epson???? (someone gave me this, used; apparently they didn't know
> about this "feature".)
> Brad
> PS I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but it
> didn't fix the problem.
> Surely there is a way to bypass it in the hardware????

What model do you have?
May 15, 2004 6:31:28 AM

Epson Stylus Color 900
It says in the manual that you cannot reuse ink even if the cartridge is full but there
has GOT to be a way arounf this stupid innovation!??
Thanks,
Brad

"tomcas" <tomcas@NOSPAMmjwebsitedesign.com> wrote in message
> Brad wrote:
> > Is there no way to put a brand new ink cartridge BACK into the Epson printer and get
that
> > printer to PRINT?!
> Have you tried removing and replacing the cartridge only while the
> printer is unplugged?
>
> > What an unbelievable scam!!!
> > Why would anyone buy an Epson???? (someone gave me this, used; apparently they didn't
know
> > about this "feature".)
> > Brad
> > PS I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but it
> > didn't fix the problem.
> > Surely there is a way to bypass it in the hardware????
> >

> What model do you have?
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 12:30:37 PM

"Brad" <bradc@comp.net> wrote in message
> Epson Stylus Color 900
> It says in the manual that you cannot reuse ink even if the cartridge is
full but there
> has GOT to be a way arounf this stupid innovation!??
> Thanks,
> Brad

Perhaps ..

http://www.misterinkjet.com/epson_resetter_instructions...

http://www.inkjetcartridges.com/epson-resetter-CREPSON....

http://kalvins.com/(rwnywx452mf5wg45n5nu1njj)/product.aspx?product=Chip+Resetter
May 16, 2004 1:36:46 PM

Thanks - I may have to settle for one of those but I will ook a little longer for a
work-around I can do myself.

> "Brad" <bradc@comp.net> wrote in message
> > Epson Stylus Color 900
> > It says in the manual that you cannot reuse ink even if the cartridge is
> full but there
> > has GOT to be a way arounf this stupid innovation!??
> > Thanks,
> > Brad
>
> Perhaps ..
>
> http://www.misterinkjet.com/epson_resetter_instructions...
>
> http://www.inkjetcartridges.com/epson-resetter-CREPSON....
>
> http://kalvins.com/(rwnywx452mf5wg45n5nu1njj)/product.aspx?product=Chip+Resetter

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 10:32:12 AM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:21:39 GMT, "Brad" <bradc@comp.net> wrote:

>Is there no way to put a brand new ink cartridge BACK into the Epson printer and get that
>printer to PRINT?!
>What an unbelievable scam!!!
>Why would anyone buy an Epson???? (someone gave me this, used; apparently they didn't know
>about this "feature".)
>Brad
>PS I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but it
>didn't fix the problem.
>Surely there is a way to bypass it in the hardware????

Have you a Air Lock..?