So - is there NO ONE who knows how to bypass this Epson "f..

Is there no way to put a brand new ink cartridge BACK into the Epson printer and get that
printer to PRINT?!
What an unbelievable scam!!!
Why would anyone buy an Epson???? (someone gave me this, used; apparently they didn't know
about this "feature".)
Brad
PS I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but it
didn't fix the problem.
Surely there is a way to bypass it in the hardware????
7 answers Last reply
More about bypass epson

    Well, my photo 1280 let me put remove and replace a partially used black
    cartridge with no problems at all. It seems mine works quite well.

    Perhaps your printer is broken?

    Jim

    Jim wrote:

    > Well, my photo 1280 let me put remove and replace a partially used black
    > cartridge with no problems at all. It seems mine works quite well.
    >
    > Perhaps your printer is broken?
    >
    > Jim

    Agree you can r&r cartridges and they still work. It does that in my
    1270 and a friends 1290 that I am aware of.

    Brad wrote:
    > Is there no way to put a brand new ink cartridge BACK into the Epson printer and get that
    > printer to PRINT?!
    Have you tried removing and replacing the cartridge only while the
    printer is unplugged?

    > What an unbelievable scam!!!
    > Why would anyone buy an Epson???? (someone gave me this, used; apparently they didn't know
    > about this "feature".)
    > Brad
    > PS I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but it
    > didn't fix the problem.
    > Surely there is a way to bypass it in the hardware????

    What model do you have?

    Epson Stylus Color 900
    It says in the manual that you cannot reuse ink even if the cartridge is full but there
    has GOT to be a way arounf this stupid innovation!??
    Thanks,
    Brad

    "Brad" <bradc@comp.net> wrote in message
    > Epson Stylus Color 900
    > It says in the manual that you cannot reuse ink even if the cartridge is
    full but there
    > has GOT to be a way arounf this stupid innovation!??
    > Thanks,
    > Brad

    Perhaps ..

    http://www.misterinkjet.com/epson_resetter_instructions.htm

    http://www.inkjetcartridges.com/epson-resetter-CREPSON.html

    http://kalvins.com/(rwnywx452mf5wg45n5nu1njj)/product.aspx?product=Chip+Resetter

    Thanks - I may have to settle for one of those but I will ook a little longer for a
    work-around I can do myself.

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:21:39 GMT, "Brad" <bradc@comp.net> wrote:

    >Is there no way to put a brand new ink cartridge BACK into the Epson printer and get that
    >printer to PRINT?!
    >What an unbelievable scam!!!
    >Why would anyone buy an Epson???? (someone gave me this, used; apparently they didn't know
    >about this "feature".)
    >Brad
    >PS I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but it
    >didn't fix the problem.
    >Surely there is a way to bypass it in the hardware????

    Have you a Air Lock..?

Printers Epson Peripherals