P3V4X with Windows XP

Hi.

Does anyoue have experience (good or bad) running Windows XP on a P3V4X?

If it worked, could you please let me know which version of BIOS and 4in1
drivers you are using.

Many thanks

David

On 1/18/2005 6:40 PM David Waters exclaimed
> Hi.
>
> Does anyoue have experience (good or bad) running Windows XP on a P3V4X?
>
> If it worked, could you please let me know which version of BIOS and 4in1
> drivers you are using.
>
> Many thanks
>
> David

Good experience all the way around with XP Pro SP2 on my p3v4x using
BIOS 1003 :)
If you really want the 4in1 driver version, I'm afraid you will have to
remind me where to find them. :(
pd

ender

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:40:31 -0000, "David Waters"
<wdmwaters@removethisbit.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Does anyoue have experience (good or bad) running Windows XP on a P3V4X?
>
>If it worked, could you please let me know which version of BIOS and 4in1
>drivers you are using.
>
>Many thanks
>
>David

No issues at all with the P3V4X running XP. Running bios 1006.003
with a 1Gig PIII and 256 meg of memory. As I recall, I did not bother
with any of the 4 in 1 drivers as XP correctly identified all the
chipset information all by itself. For those looking for the 4 in 1
driver packs, they are available at

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

Good luck,

Ender
____
[____]
(OIIIIIIO)
[] []

Out of interest PD what cpu and ram are you using?

"pd" <not-here@this-time.com> wrote in message
> On 1/18/2005 6:40 PM David Waters exclaimed
> > Hi.
> >
> > Does anyoue have experience (good or bad) running Windows XP on a P3V4X?
> >
> > If it worked, could you please let me know which version of BIOS and
4in1
> > drivers you are using.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > David
> >

> Good experience all the way around with XP Pro SP2 on my p3v4x using
> BIOS 1003 :)
> If you really want the 4in1 driver version, I'm afraid you will have to
> remind me where to find them. :(
> pd

Many thanks to all who responded.

Kind regaards

David

"David Waters" <wdmwaters@removethisbit.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Does anyoue have experience (good or bad) running Windows XP on a P3V4X?
>
> If it worked, could you please let me know which version of BIOS and 4in1
> drivers you are using.
>
> Many thanks
>
> David

On 1/19/2005 8:02 PM Peacekeeper exclaimed
> Out of interest PD what cpu and ram are you using?
>
> "pd" <not-here@this-time.com> wrote in message
>
>>On 1/18/2005 6:40 PM David Waters exclaimed
>>
>>>Hi.
>>>
>>>Does anyoue have experience (good or bad) running Windows XP on a P3V4X?
>>>
>>>If it worked, could you please let me know which version of BIOS and
>
> 4in1
>
>>>drivers you are using.
>>>
>>>Many thanks
>>>
>>>David
>>>

>>Good experience all the way around with XP Pro SP2 on my p3v4x using
>>BIOS 1003 :)
>>If you really want the 4in1 driver version, I'm afraid you will have to
>>remind me where to find them. :(
>>pd

Using P3 600MHz EB **not overclocked**
with 512 MB RAM