Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard

a b F Wireless
July 27, 2004 10:10:23 PM

Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help

Carlo Razzeto
July 28, 2004 12:51:31 AM

Only way to tell is to try it
be a lot faster than waiting for an answer
peter
"Carlo Razzeto" <crazzeto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o TTQCaCdEHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
> came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
> got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
> woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
> keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
> now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
> consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
>
> Carlo Razzeto

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 28, 2004 4:13:03 AM

I agree. It should work since they usually have about 6 channels that
they all commonly use. Give it a try and see if you can get it to work ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

peter wrote:
> Only way to tell is to try it
> be a lot faster than waiting for an answer
> peter
> "Carlo Razzeto" <crazzeto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o TTQCaCdEHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>
>>Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
>>came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
>>got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
>>woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
>>keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
>>now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
>>consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
>>
>>Carlo Razzeto

Related resources
July 28, 2004 3:08:05 PM

No, unless both devices have blue-tooth.

--
Peter

"Carlo Razzeto" wrote:

> Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
> came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
> got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
> woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
> keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
> now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
> consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
>
> Carlo Razzeto

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 28, 2004 4:24:54 PM

If they are both BlueTooth, you will have absolutely no problem using
just the BT Transciever. I have the Wireless Optical Desktop for
BlueTooth and it is wonderful. Very easy to set up and if you are
running XP Service Pack 2, you don't even need the software that came
with it anymore as BT is fully supported and configurable in Control
Panel :)

----
Nathan McNulty

Peter wrote:
> No, unless both devices have blue-tooth.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 28, 2004 10:40:47 PM

Thanks for all of the replies, unfortunetly I didn't get Blue Tooth, I
didn't even know MS did the natural in blue tooth. But oh well, it seems to
work with each device using it's base.. Not exactly what I wanted but
functional...

Carlo

"Carlo Razzeto" <crazzeto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o TTQCaCdEHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
> came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I
also
> got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What
I'm
> woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
> keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
> now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
> consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
>
> Carlo Razzeto

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 29, 2004 11:54:25 PM

Yeah, I don't think they make it in BlueTooth either. I just read
Peter's post and read it wrong. Must've been a late night again :)

I guess if it works alright, it won't be a problem, but the best you can
do is trial and error. I really don't think you are going to be able to
use only one wirless transciever since they aren't the same series or
packed together.

----
Nathan McNulty

!