Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard

Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help

Carlo Razzeto
6 answers Last reply
More about microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard

    Only way to tell is to try it
    be a lot faster than waiting for an answer
    peter
    "Carlo Razzeto" <crazzeto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
    > came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
    > got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
    > woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
    > keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
    > now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
    > consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
    >
    > Carlo Razzeto

    I agree. It should work since they usually have about 6 channels that
    they all commonly use. Give it a try and see if you can get it to work ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    peter wrote:
    > Only way to tell is to try it
    > be a lot faster than waiting for an answer
    > peter
    > "Carlo Razzeto" <crazzeto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
    >>came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
    >>got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
    >>woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
    >>keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
    >>now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
    >>consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
    >>
    >>Carlo Razzeto

    No, unless both devices have blue-tooth.

    --
    Peter

    "Carlo Razzeto" wrote:

    > Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
    > came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I also
    > got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What I'm
    > woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
    > keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
    > now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
    > consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
    >
    > Carlo Razzeto

    If they are both BlueTooth, you will have absolutely no problem using
    just the BT Transciever. I have the Wireless Optical Desktop for
    BlueTooth and it is wonderful. Very easy to set up and if you are
    running XP Service Pack 2, you don't even need the software that came
    with it anymore as BT is fully supported and configurable in Control
    Panel :)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Peter wrote:
    > No, unless both devices have blue-tooth.

    Thanks for all of the replies, unfortunetly I didn't get Blue Tooth, I
    didn't even know MS did the natural in blue tooth. But oh well, it seems to
    work with each device using it's base.. Not exactly what I wanted but
    functional...

    Carlo

    "Carlo Razzeto" <crazzeto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
    > came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I
    also
    > got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What
    I'm
    > woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
    > keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
    > now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
    > consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
    >
    > Carlo Razzeto

    Yeah, I don't think they make it in BlueTooth either. I just read
    Peter's post and read it wrong. Must've been a late night again :)

    I guess if it works alright, it won't be a problem, but the best you can
    do is trial and error. I really don't think you are going to be able to
    use only one wirless transciever since they aren't the same series or
    packed together.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Carlo Razzeto wrote:
    > Thanks for all of the replies, unfortunetly I didn't get Blue Tooth, I
    > didn't even know MS did the natural in blue tooth. But oh well, it seems to
    > work with each device using it's base.. Not exactly what I wanted but
    > functional...
    >
    > Carlo
    >
    > "Carlo Razzeto" <crazzeto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello, I just got a WhiteBox Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that
    >>came with an older MS Wireless Optical mouse. I just so happens that I
    >
    > also
    >
    >>got a brand new Wireless MS Intellimouse Explorer with tilt wheel. What
    >
    > I'm
    >
    >>woundering is does anyone know if it's possible to run both the wireless
    >>keyboard and new intillimouse off of the same wireless base station? Right
    >>now I'm running each of the base that they came with, would like to
    >>consolidate if possible however. Thanks for any help
    >>
    >>Carlo Razzeto

Wireless Multimedia Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP