bios flashing problem with a7v400-mx

I'm having difficulty flashing the bios with asus update in win xp. Each
time I try to update or download from the net, it says no proper bios
images found... I'm on 1006, and they now have 1009... Also, I manually
downloaded the bios flash file, and tried to update it from file and it
says that the bios has a later date than the current bios, please use
asus dos flash utility to perform this action.

Well, with a warning I don't wanna fool with bios flashing. I have
flashed the bios before in winxp (1004 - 1006). I also found it odd that
if I connected to the germany site, the program would say it has a newer
version then would update itself, great! Then if I were to go to the us
site, it would say there is a newer version, but would downgrade it?

I dunno, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about bios flashing problem a7v400

    I was able to flash from 1004 to 1009 using AWDFLASH108.zip and a dos floppy.

    Cheers,
    Tim.

    Browser Joe wrote:
    > I'm having difficulty flashing the bios with asus update in win xp. Each
    > time I try to update or download from the net, it says no proper bios
    > images found... I'm on 1006, and they now have 1009... Also, I manually
    > downloaded the bios flash file, and tried to update it from file and it
    > says that the bios has a later date than the current bios, please use
    > asus dos flash utility to perform this action.
    >
    > Well, with a warning I don't wanna fool with bios flashing. I have
    > flashed the bios before in winxp (1004 - 1006). I also found it odd that
    > if I connected to the germany site, the program would say it has a newer
    > version then would update itself, great! Then if I were to go to the us
    > site, it would say there is a newer version, but would downgrade it?
    >
    > I dunno, has anyone had this problem?
    >
    > Thanks.

    The first thing you need to sort out is WHY are you updating your bios?
    If you do not have a concrete problem that affects you ability to use the
    mobo then you should not update your bios for the sake of it as you risk
    killing your motherboard.

    You should not use windows to update you bios - it increases the risk of
    things going wrong.

    "Browser Joe" <haha@no.way> wrote in message
    > I'm having difficulty flashing the bios with asus update in win xp. Each
    > time I try to update or download from the net, it says no proper bios
    > images found... I'm on 1006, and they now have 1009... Also, I manually
    > downloaded the bios flash file, and tried to update it from file and it
    > says that the bios has a later date than the current bios, please use asus
    > dos flash utility to perform this action.
    >
    > Well, with a warning I don't wanna fool with bios flashing. I have flashed
    > the bios before in winxp (1004 - 1006). I also found it odd that if I
    > connected to the germany site, the program would say it has a newer
    > version then would update itself, great! Then if I were to go to the us
    > site, it would say there is a newer version, but would downgrade it?
    >
    > I dunno, has anyone had this problem?
    >
    > Thanks.

Asus BIOS Motherboards