network connection

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003

My XP home edition has been failing to recognize any
network connections whatsoever. I have a WiFi card
plugged in as well as a wired CAT-5 connection. However,
when I try to access the internet ie displays the "page
cannot be displayed" message. I've tried using the ping
and net view commands to no avail. finally, right now i
am using a USB-CAT5 adapter. Still it does not recognize
a network connection. please help.

Did it ever work...?

"vin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My XP home edition has been failing to recognize any
> network connections whatsoever. I have a WiFi card
> plugged in as well as a wired CAT-5 connection. However,
> when I try to access the internet ie displays the "page
> cannot be displayed" message. I've tried using the ping
> and net view commands to no avail. finally, right now i
> am using a USB-CAT5 adapter. Still it does not recognize
> a network connection. please help.

Also, you need to make sure the drivers for everything are all set up as
well as adding a network connection. If you need help doing these
things, just let me know. For drivers, post the make and model of the
cards. For the Network Connection setup, use the Wizard in Control
Panel-Network Connections ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Nick Burns wrote:
> Did it ever work...?
>
> "vin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>My XP home edition has been failing to recognize any
>>network connections whatsoever. I have a WiFi card
>>plugged in as well as a wired CAT-5 connection. However,
>>when I try to access the internet ie displays the "page
>>cannot be displayed" message. I've tried using the ping
>>and net view commands to no avail. finally, right now i
>>am using a USB-CAT5 adapter. Still it does not recognize
>>a network connection. please help.

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

might have either on your modem or in the explorer
options. I've no idea if it'll help but you've got to
try ay :)