Monitor resolution

a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 2:16:46 AM

I just got a new system up and running and am having
troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480 and
the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the drop
down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.

More about : monitor resolution

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 5:35:17 AM

Frank Knight wrote:
> I just got a new system up and running and am having
> troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
> only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480 and
> the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the drop
> down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.

You need to install the proper Video Card driver from the video card
manufacturer web page...

--
<- Shenan ->
a b C Monitor

and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
results. Also when I reboot I get the following
error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"
>--
><- Shenan ->
>--
>The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees
of
>completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
warranties of any
>kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
before you take any
>advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
actions.

>.

a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 5:12:43 PM

Frank Knight wrote:
> I have tried installing the drivers for my video card
> and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
> to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
> results. Also when I reboot I get the following
> error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"

What video card is it?

--
<- Shenan ->
a b C Monitor

Hate to tell you this, but BackWeb is adware. If you have recently used
Ad-Aware or SpyBot, it may have removed this, but not whatever is trying
to execute it. I would recommend downloading Ad-Aware, update it, and
run it again ;)

As for the video card drivers, I highly recommend downloading the latest
drivers from the manufacturer's website and installing those ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Frank Knight wrote:
>
>>I have tried installing the drivers for my video card
>>and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
>>to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
>>results. Also when I reboot I get the following
>>error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"
>

> What video card is it?

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 5:12:44 PM

Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card
>The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees
of
>completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
warranties of any
>kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
before you take any
>advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
actions.

>.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 5:12:45 PM

Thanks for the spyware "heads-up" I'm running ad-aware
right now.
I have tried downloading the drivers for the Apollo Kyro
II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card and it doesn't finish... it
tells me to uninstall and reinstall and I have tried
numerous times.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 7:30:56 PM

anonymous wrote:
>> Frank Knight wrote:
>>> I have tried installing the drivers for my video card
>>> and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
>>> to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
>>> results. Also when I reboot I get the following
>>> error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"
>>
>> What video card is it?
> Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card

ICK - okay - built into Motherboard, eh?
And you have gone to the manufacturer site and retrieved the latest driver?

--
<- Shenan ->
a b C Monitor

Its not built in. I added the card to my new motherboard
because it didn't come with video/graphics.
I have tried installing the drivers from the manufacturer
and it tells me it cannot finish installing and tells to
uninstall any files reboot and try again. I have done so
numerous times.
>The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees
of
>completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
warranties of any
>kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
before you take any
>advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
actions.

>.

July 28, 2004 9:09:05 PM

Hi Frank,

Did the driver update help? Which graphic card are you using?

Thanks.

"Frank Knight" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got a new system up and running and am having
> troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
> only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480 and
> the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the drop
> down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 9:09:06 PM

The card is a Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card and
the drivers will not finish installing. It gives a
message to uninstall the drivers, reboot, and try again.
I have done so numerous times. This stinks... my display
is only 4-bit color.

wrote in message
>>I just got a new system up and running and am having
>> troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
>> only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480
and
>> the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the
drop
>> down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.
>

>.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 9:09:07 PM

It took forever to find the drivers. Try these:
http://www.pvrdev.com/pub/PC/driver/2.01.21.0007/PowerV...

And save it to your desktop. If it won't install in normal mode, try
Safe Mode ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

> The card is a Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card and
> the drivers will not finish installing. It gives a
> message to uninstall the drivers, reboot, and try again.
> I have done so numerous times. This stinks... my display
> is only 4-bit color.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 9:09:08 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
YRO_4k5_WXP_21.0007.exe

>And save it to your desktop. If it won't install in
normal mode, try
>Safe Mode ;)
>
>----
>Nathan McNulty
>

>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
>> The card is a Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card
and
>> the drivers will not finish installing. It gives a
>> message to uninstall the drivers, reboot, and try
again.
>> I have done so numerous times. This stinks... my
display
>> is only 4-bit color.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2004 9:09:08 PM

Sorry, I'm not familiar with "safe mode" could you please
tell me how to use safe mode?

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2004 11:07:27 PM

Sure, press F8 before the Windows Logo appears when Windows tries to
load. This will bring up a list of options. Chose Safe Mode. If you
want, you can start the computer, then press F8 ever couple of seconds
until the menu appears.

----
Nathan McNulty

!