Monitor resolution

I just got a new system up and running and am having
troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480 and
the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the drop
down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.
14 answers Last reply
More about monitor resolution

    Frank Knight wrote:
    > I just got a new system up and running and am having
    > troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
    > only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480 and
    > the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the drop
    > down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.

    You need to install the proper Video Card driver from the video card
    manufacturer web page...

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
    to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
    results. Also when I reboot I get the following
    error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"
    >--
    ><- Shenan ->
    >--
    >The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees
    of
    >completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
    warranties of any
    >kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
    before you take any

    Frank Knight wrote:
    > I have tried installing the drivers for my video card
    > and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
    > to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
    > results. Also when I reboot I get the following
    > error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"

    What video card is it?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Hate to tell you this, but BackWeb is adware. If you have recently used
    Ad-Aware or SpyBot, it may have removed this, but not whatever is trying
    to execute it. I would recommend downloading Ad-Aware, update it, and
    run it again ;)

    As for the video card drivers, I highly recommend downloading the latest
    drivers from the manufacturer's website and installing those ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Shenan Stanley wrote:
    > Frank Knight wrote:
    >
    >>I have tried installing the drivers for my video card
    >>and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
    >>to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
    >>results. Also when I reboot I get the following
    >>error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"
    >

    > What video card is it?

    Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card
    >The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees
    of
    >completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
    warranties of any
    >kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
    before you take any
    >advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
    actions.

    >.

    Thanks for the spyware "heads-up" I'm running ad-aware
    right now.
    I have tried downloading the drivers for the Apollo Kyro
    II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card and it doesn't finish... it
    tells me to uninstall and reinstall and I have tried
    numerous times.

    anonymous wrote:
    >> Frank Knight wrote:
    >>> I have tried installing the drivers for my video card
    >>> and it won't complete installing... it keeps telling me
    >>> to uninstall and reinstall but keep getting the same
    >>> results. Also when I reboot I get the following
    >>> error:Invalid BackWeb version id "6.3.2.62-7288971L"
    >>
    >> What video card is it?
    > Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card

    ICK - okay - built into Motherboard, eh?
    And you have gone to the manufacturer site and retrieved the latest driver?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Its not built in. I added the card to my new motherboard
    because it didn't come with video/graphics.
    I have tried installing the drivers from the manufacturer
    and it tells me it cannot finish installing and tells to
    uninstall any files reboot and try again. I have done so
    numerous times.
    >The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees
    of
    >completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
    warranties of any
    >kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
    before you take any
    >advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
    actions.

    >.

    Hi Frank,

    Did the driver update help? Which graphic card are you using?

    Thanks.

    "Frank Knight" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just got a new system up and running and am having
    > troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
    > only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480 and
    > the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the drop
    > down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.

    The card is a Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card and
    the drivers will not finish installing. It gives a
    message to uninstall the drivers, reboot, and try again.
    I have done so numerous times. This stinks... my display
    is only 4-bit color.

    wrote in message
    >>I just got a new system up and running and am having
    >> troubles with setting the resolution on my monitor. The
    >> only choice I have in advanced properties is 680x480
    and
    >> the slide will not move. Also the only choice in the
    drop
    >> down menu is 4-bit color. Please help.
    >

    >.

    It took forever to find the drivers. Try these:
    http://www.pvrdev.com/pub/PC/driver/2.01.21.0007/PowerVRKYRO_4k5_WXP_21.0007.exe

    And save it to your desktop. If it won't install in normal mode, try
    Safe Mode ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    > The card is a Apollo Kyro II 4500 64MB AGP Video Card and
    > the drivers will not finish installing. It gives a
    > message to uninstall the drivers, reboot, and try again.
    > I have done so numerous times. This stinks... my display
    > is only 4-bit color.

    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Sorry, I'm not familiar with "safe mode" could you please
    tell me how to use safe mode?

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Sure, press F8 before the Windows Logo appears when Windows tries to
    load. This will bring up a list of options. Chose Safe Mode. If you
    want, you can start the computer, then press F8 ever couple of seconds
    until the menu appears.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    > Sorry, I'm not familiar with "safe mode" could you please
    > tell me how to use safe mode?

Resolution Monitors Windows XP