Can only start in Safe mode??

After trying to install a wireless card my pc wouldn't
boot up.
I removed the card and put the old ethernet card back in
but then when booting up, it would freeze on the XP page
where the blue progress bar stops. I switch off, restart
and selct restart in last good configuration but pc
freezes in the same place. I also tried system restore
from boot up but even after trying 2 restore points it
freezes at the same point. I can now only start my pc in
safe mode.
I don't have the XP cd to re-install it so I'm stuck.
1 answer Last reply
More about start safe mode

    I would recommend putting the Wireless card back in the computer and set
    everything hardware-wise, back the way you want it. Now use these
    bootdisks to load recovery console. Try typing FIXBOOT <DRIVE>

    You really should get the XP CD and do a repair installation. This is
    going to be the best way. If you don't own XP, you can get it for about
    $85 with some good shopping. If you do own XP and you have lost the CD
    or it is damaged or you lost your key, try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Darren wrote:
    > After trying to install a wireless card my pc wouldn't
    > boot up.
    > I removed the card and put the old ethernet card back in
    > but then when booting up, it would freeze on the XP page
    > where the blue progress bar stops. I switch off, restart
    > and selct restart in last good configuration but pc
    > freezes in the same place. I also tried system restore
    > from boot up but even after trying 2 restore points it
    > freezes at the same point. I can now only start my pc in
    > safe mode.
    > I don't have the XP cd to re-install it so I'm stuck.

Windows XP